Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MCC vs Sussex at Lords

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
On Thursday.

Anyone going? Did anyone go last year? Was it any good?

Thinking about it, just wondering if it is at all worth it.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
On Thursday.

Anyone going? Did anyone go last year? Was it any good?

Thinking about it, just wondering if it is at all worth it.

Wen't for the first day last year and had a great time. Did the tour of Lords about 10am where you get to see the long room, old tennis being played, the ashes and you end up in the Nat West media centre watching the start of play. It cost about £10 for the tour and they let you stay in afterwards to watch the cricket (saves you about £2). Look out for Mushy on the overseas honours board.

If you are a member take your badge and wear a tie and you can then use the MCC facilitues which are great, fullers, cake and warmth (it was cold by the end of play last year). Had a good lunch in the pub next to the entrance. Great to sit in the longroom and see the Sussex batsman walking in and out.

Game was not the best, a bit slow and I think Yardy broke his finger so missing the start of last season. However MCC side normally has good selection of fringe and returning from injury England players.

If you go hope its sunny rather than snowy...

Tours of Lord's - Lord's - Lord's

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I went for two of the four days. There were a handful of people I know, and some more in Sussex t-shirts/ties etc.

*cough*

119_1_SCGOSBTS.jpg

129_1_SCHood.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We're moving office on Friday and have the afternoon off - I might well mosey on down.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Hodd did well last season and I think Prior should have had to win the gloves back. Expect him to drop some clangers today....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sussex team for today;

Sussex: Nash, Hopkinson, Yardy, Adams (capt), Prior, Wright, Martin-Jenkins, Harris, Aga, Beer, Lewry.

Got to feel for Hodd, Prior does not really deserve to get the gloves back.

Good for Beer though - never seen him and heard lots of good things about him.

We have a new guy in our company and found out this week that he's a Sussex supporter (although he's from Newcastle, huh?) so the pair of us are thinking of getting down to Lord's tomorrow.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Good for Beer though - never seen him and heard lots of good things about him.

We have a new guy in our company and found out this week that he's a Sussex supporter (although he's from Newcastle, huh?) so the pair of us are thinking of getting down to Lord's tomorrow.

It is encouraging that we are producing spinners.

Potentially a brittle batting line up, but Goodwin will be back for the Hampshire game.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Got to feel for Hodd, Prior does not really deserve to get the gloves back.

Agreed. It would be tragic if we were to lose another promising young keeper. Tricky situation at the moment, but hopefully Hodd can force his way in as a batsman if his path is blocked for the role behind the stumps. An average of 39/40 suggests he can play a part.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Agreed. It would be tragic if we were to lose another promising young keeper.

...although we have Brown coming through.

I can't see Sussex keeping three keepers on their books - one of them has to make it as a batsman only

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here