Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MCC vs Sussex at Lords

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
no its not - thats an idea taken from america, and as everybody knows american sports are wank and we should not be doing anything they do

What a specious argument. Even if American sports are shit (and I think baseball is a fantastic game) I don't see why it doesn't mean that we can't nick the good ideas. In fact the MCC guy said quite specifically that he'd been over to the US to see how it worked over there.

The amount of time wasted queuing at cricket matches is disgraceful. I wouldn't mind so much if the authorities didn't search bags to stop you bringing in too much of your own booze. It's pretty poor that they stop you bringing in your own and them make you wait in a line for 30 minutes.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
158-9.

Oh dear.

Aga caught at short leg 2. Not such a hot prospect
Jenks caught behind off Kirby for 17.

PG

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
That's it our seasons over, we're going to get relegated for sure :rant:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
That's it our seasons over, we're going to get relegated for sure :rant:

If its any consolation, this is like a JPT trophy squad, big guns like Mushy and Murray are being rested.

We have a winning side and unlike the others know how to get over the line.

Still very poor start, especially for the players as the stats for this match count.

Lets hope the bowlers show some Vim...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
WAT Beer is in

:excellent:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Been out and just put the cricket on, great recovery by the lads.

Shah is top scorer in the game with 34.

Harris will hopefully take over the strike attack left by Rana.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I managed to get along for a couple of hours today, sadly had to leave when we were about 110/4. Pretty lively wicket, and a very good MCC bowling attack.

There was a moment shortly before midday when the sun was out and I was looking down at the champions on 40-0 from the upper tier of the Compton Stand at HQ, when all seemed very right with the world.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Do they bring Harvey's to your seats?

If you sit in the wooden area under the floodlights, and order food from the Dexter room, the staff will keep bringing beers to you afterwards if you ask nicely enough.

Just spent the day at Lord's. Not great cricket-wise, and so so cold. But Ryan Harris did enough (the wickets and a superb run-out) to make me very excited indeed.

I too enjoyed the appearance of WAT Beer on the scorecard (surely his nickname should be "party seven"? And will he face any deliveries from Doug Bollinger this year?) The bowlers' names on the scoreboard also -- at one point -- read Kirby Shreck. If that's not a village in the Pennines it should be.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought when Shreck started bowling bouncers it might all turn ugly...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here