Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MBE's For All!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Bollocks, we've bottled two of the last three grandslam's. I too know my Rugby and my money would have been on the All Blacks, they turned over the aussie's and the Bok's big time. The French started to play well right after we turned them over. No we weren't the only team going to win.

As for the honours ... don't care one way or the other.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
no way mate. we thrashed new zealand earlier this year and carlos spencer is nowhere near a world class number 10. lets be honest, it was stroll in a park and most of our players barely got out of 3rd gear.
and france???? come on- they are woefull.

and as for the honours- your right, but i love a ruck!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be honest there were 4 teams that could have won it. The Aussies were at home, New Zealand had a close loss to us but had a fantastic tri-nations and as usual their clubs dominated Super 12. The French were the outsiders of the 4 owing to their being weak up fromt and about as consistant as Liverpool.

New Zealand missed Umanga from their backs very badly. I totally agree with trfd about Spencer too. Can't place kick and throws way too many hospital passes (it was his attacking pass that lead to Mortlock's try in the semis).

But still I don't think we were nailed on certainties by any means. The ups and downs of the final are enough proof of that and we certainly didn't play badly in the final. However it's true that every game apart from NZ V Aus semi went the way it was expected.

Nevertheless it has to be said it was a fantastic achievment for our nation. That winning kick, well it was no different to winning a World Cup Final against the Germans with a Golden Goal in Munich. Let's hope we do that in 2006!

Should every player get an MBE? It rather smacks of Whitehall not knowing who to leave out so they didn't leave out anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here