MBE's For All!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pavilionaire said:
My binman does an excellent job, week in week out, of emptying the rubbish from my two bins, even when I haven't put the sacks outside my house like I'm supposed to. Surely he deserves an MBE?

Noticed the location as Worthing.

If you were a Brightonian you would have posted "my binman does an excellent job of forgetting where my bin store is / going on strike / forgetting that his route rotates one day later after a bank holiday / not giving a shit / generally leaving deformed seagulls to take over the town, gorge themselves on second hand curry and hassle anyone else with the work eithic to get to the station before 7am."

...and relax.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Happy Seagull said:
Who the f*** wants an MBE anyway? The Royal Family are just a bunch of ****s who should have been gotten rid of years ago!!!

but its stil an honour

its a disgrace that a bunch of overrated fatties are put in the same bracket as our grandparents who died for our country.

ggggrrrrrrrrrr

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I find this attitude to honours rather pathetic.

Congratulations to all of the England Rugby squad - their dedication and commitment should be a source of inspiration and pride to us all.

:clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
the right footed denilson said:
but its stil an honour

its a disgrace that a bunch of overrated fatties are put in the same bracket as our grandparents who died for our country.

ggggrrrrrrrrrr

Eh? Honours are nothing like military medals.

You don't have to have died for a military or campaign medal either.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
that maybe the case. but, these 'honours' are just so worthless- commitment??!! they get paid to play rugby!!! u dont have to be commitied to do that??!!!

i was suggesting that it is the victims of war, inventors of life saving drugs that should be viewed in this light, NOT rugby players.

i mean?? mike catt??? im better than mike catt!!

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
they get paid to play rugby!!! u dont have to be commitied to do that??!!![/B]

No but they should be!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Seriously, I think the England rugby team deserve their place in the sun because they are all, top to bottom, extremely professional and excellent role models, and it doesn't get better than beating Australia in Australia.

However, it will be interesting if, although unlikely, England win Euro 2004.

Surely then the Queen will have to bestow another round of MBE on assorted rapists, thugs, ban beaters, boy racers and drink drivers that passes for todays England team, given the precedent that has just been set re. the rugby team?...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ok, point taken, but you have to agree this England football team are an absolute bunch of ****s off the field.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Storer68 said:
And as she is Queen of Australia as well, why did the Australian team who won the damned thing in 99 not get an award?

Because the Australian PM didn't ask?

Everyone quotes the Queen as bestowing these homours when it is purely a political thing. She does what the Prime Minister of the day tells her to do.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
and blair has done it cos the tabloid readers have suddenly taken an interest in the England rugby team.

once again- WORTHLESS

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
In 1966 the only teams thought capable of winning the world cup were, in no particular order ...
England,
Brazil,
Germany,
Portugal,
Argentina
errr that's it ...... worthless isn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here