• Brian Paddick (Lib Dem)

Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Thanks London Calling.
But Ken's problem is that he is totally divisive and his majority at the last election was, I think, too small for him to drive through his ideas which a large proportion of Londoners do not like.
Yes, London wasn't great in the 1980s but it's really not much better now and I don't believe it's made any more progress than any other European capital city.
Watch him when the London Assembly is televised - he's rude, abbrasive and totally intolerant of other's views.
I'm afraid I don't believe he wants another term because London needs it. He just wants another one to be in office for the Olympics and to satisfy his own vanity - which has always been his most unattractive characteristic.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Ken :thumbsup:

Has the interests of ordinary Londoners at heart.

So successful in defending ordinary Londoners during the Thatcher Years that the vindictive bitch had to have the Greater London Council made defunct.

Hated by Thatcher. Hated by Blair. Must have been doing something VERY right.

Best (living) conviction politician of his generation :thumbsup:

and anti-semitic to boot

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
The Bromley Brigade do, alas!

Like I said, it's inner london against leafy surburbia!

Proper Central London will go Boris. Leafy suburbia too. Ken will pick up his votes in the crapholes in between like Kentish Town and Clapham, as well as the real ugly places like Streatham.

Personally I think anyone who works in London should also get a vote. But that would definitely be the end of Ken.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Proper Central London will go Boris. Leafy suburbia too. Ken will pick up his votes in the crapholes in between like Kentish Town and Clapham, as well as the real ugly places like Streatham.

Personally I think anyone who works in London should also get a vote. But that would definitely be the end of Ken.

ooh get you, how about the people on low income who can't afford free Oyster cards.

Which way will they sway ?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia

I wish I could afford a house in any of those "crapholes". Kentish Town is in Lib-Dem controlled Camden, by the way, and Clapham is half in Tory-controlled Wandsworth

Saying that, I can hardly afford a round of drinks in any of them

Watched the Mayoral debate on Newsnight last night, which was poorly chaired by Paxton.

However my unbiased conclusions are:

Paddick, still learning his trade, no killing punches, lightweight, hypocritical over the Congestion Charge in his urge to grab votes In Kensington and Chelsea.

Johnson, obviously a very intelligent man, is too flippant, doesn't know when to stop talking, bumbles his way through answers, often making unsubstantiated statements. Had an annoying habit of talking over the other candidates. Still focused on single - local - issues instead of Mayoral strategic priorities.

Livingstone, strong presentational start, but seemed meek and quiet, allowed the others to dominate "petty" agenda. At times seemed to unwilling to answer a question, even though he clearly had an answer. Failed to get over his track record - which is what stands him above the other candidates in terms of experience.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Sorry, Barnbrook. It was one of your mates :tosser:

A senior BNP leader with a strong chance of winning a seat in the London Assembly next month has written that rape is a "myth" and that "some women are like gongs - they need to be struck regularly."

The Standard can reveal that Nick Eriksen, the BNP's London organiser and the second-highest candidate on its list for the Assembly, is the author of "Sir John Bull," a notorious far-Right blog which has regularly advocated hatred and abuse against women. The disclosure will be a serious blow to the BNP's hopes of London electoral success.

On 24 August 2005, Mr Eriksen wrote: "I've never understood why so many men have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the feminazi myth machine into believing that rape is such a serious crime ... Rape is simply sex. Women enjoy sex, so rape cannot be such a terrible physical ordeal.

"To suggest that rape, when conducted without violence, is a serious crime is like suggesting that forcefeeding a woman chocolate cake is a heinous offence. A woman would be more inconvenienced by having her handbag snatched.

"The demonisation of rape is all part of the feminazi desire to obtain power and mastery over men. Men who go along with the rape myth are either morons or traitors."

On 5 November 2005, in an item entitled "Give her a slap!," Mr Eriksen approvingly quoted Noel Coward as saying: "Some women are like gongs - they need to be struck regularly." On 8 November, he claimed that "the vast majority of domestic [assaults] are initiated by the woman." Mr Eriksen also wrote on 24 November 2005 that mothers "should never go out to work" and described career women as "unnatural and vile... it is a strange kind of woman who would want to invest [her] energies into her job rather than into a man."

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Evening Standard have front page story tonight regarding Ken taking undisclosed sums for his election campaign by a developer who was having trouble building a complex in North London.

It's only when you actually start reading the story inside you realise...

1) It doesn't refer to this election

2) The complex was never built

3) The GLA doesn't support it.

Dandyman

In London village.
Evening Standard have front page story tonight regarding Ken taking undisclosed sums for his election campaign by a developer who was having trouble building a complex in North London.

So fairly consistent for the Daily Mail's suburban rag.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia

Sounds like Meridian TV's EXCLUSIVE about the Falmer hotel complex. I wonder if Norman Baker thinks this is "dynamite" too?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
For any of you lot who like me live in London please dont vote that fuckwit Tory Clown in, the bloke is a joke. You only have to listen to him prattle on for 2 minutes to know he couldnt give a toss about the things that really matter to people in london.

Well personally Ken's biggest problem is that he's the Labour candidate. The Labour Party is a corrupt and incompetent organisation obsessed with spin and PR. End of.

And of course the Tories are "evil" aren't they? So no-one can vote for them. :rolleyes:

Also I just read a report which says all 3 of the major candidates are in favour of "illegal immigration amnesty" (for those who've been in the UK for 4 years or more). One group supporting this claims the U.S. had seen success with a similar policy. Bullshit. The U.S. immigration policy is a shambles just like the UK's.

Dandyman

In London village.
I don't live in Londinistan thank f***, but if I did I would not vote for that anti-semitic. sewer rat Livinstone

Would you care to provide any evidence for your allegation that Livingstone is an anti-semite?

It would be a disaster for London if Johnson got it. A major world city with a clown - a bigoted clown, for that matter - as its political head. I don't care how bad you think Livingstone is (I think he's a complete tosser), Johnson is worse.

Would you care to provide any evidence for your [ie Canned Heat's] allegation that Livingstone is an anti-semite?

Or indeed your puerile claim that London should be known as Londonistan? Apparently, it's bad to be an anti-Semite, but perfectly acceptable to be an Islamophobe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here