Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Brian Paddick (Lib Dem)

Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They also may not be from London I guess in which case it wouldn't matter WHO they supported.

A better poll might have been aimed purely at people in London asking who they were going to vote for.

Personally, even as a staunch New Labour voter, if I were in London I would back Boris. Purely cos he is a bit of a state...

As a "New Labour" voter, you'd probably vote Boris ANYWAY Richie.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
EXACTAMUNDO.

Wouldn't back Red Ken.

It is shocking how anyone could answer anything other than Boris or Ken for the above poll though.

Do people HONESTLY think anyone else has a chance of winning?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well I'm glad to see democracy is so alive and well in this country that so many people who aren't entitled to vote had expressed an opinion which way they will vote.

The pressure on us living in London is HUGE, it's almost as if we're voting for everyone else as well :D

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
IF I lived in London.

I don't so am not MASSIVELY bothered. I think, as with most things, people will have their own thoughts on the individuals involved but that does not necessarily mean they are actually interested in the outcome.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Londoners just assume everyone is as interested as they are in the mayoral elections.

I am sure most people in the North couldn't even name more than two of the candidates.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Ken :thumbsup:

Has the interests of ordinary Londoners at heart.

So successful in defending ordinary Londoners during the Thatcher Years that the vindictive bitch had to have the Greater London Council made defunct.

Hated by Thatcher. Hated by Blair. Must have been doing something VERY right.

Best (living) conviction politician of his generation :thumbsup:

more like his own interests / ego..

BoJo for Mayor (can't do much worse.. might actually be fun!)

I FELT WITH A WEEK TO GO THIS NEEDED A BOUNCE.

I watched Question Time last night, where despite the "it should not be about personalties but policies", nearly every question focussed on the candidate.

Change of tack from Paddick, he was for once authoritive and firm, hoever, his constant "look at the other two approach" wore thin after a while.

Johnson really does not have any strategic policies, he answered nearly evgery question with an attack on Livingstone.

Livingstone has obviously been told, take the flak and try to look like a statesman, I am not sure this really works, whilst being a Ken supporter, he does not cut sharp suites, he is a laid back bloke, who in another life would have an allotment and drink real ale. Last night Livingstone again generally failed to get over his achievements over the last 8 years or so.

Intersetingly at the end, I noticed Johnson and Livingstone leaving the stage, with their arms around each other shoulders, obviously off camera, they get on well.

LC

I think Ken has taken a bit of a knock with this business of fare increases. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand it is that although he has stated that he would not be raising fares on the tube/buses, he apparently has already made agreements in meetings with transport bosses that he would:angry:

Didn't see the debate on the telly last night, but I did listen to them on BBC London radio this morning. Thought Paddick came across ok, but ultimately he isn't in the running. Boris and Ken were, well, Boris and Ken!! I have now got to the stage where I have heard all the soundbite answers again and again, so nothing really new came out. Still going to be close though, I would not like to call it.

Not a lot of attention seem to be paid to the assembly elections. Ultimately these could have a huge bearing on whoever gets in as they are basically there to keep the mayor in check and approve budget etc. Personally I think Lib-dems could do well there, as whilst many will not vote for Paddick for Mayor, they may use the assembly vote to give 2 fingers to Labour.

Forgot to mention, the mutal appreciation between Boris and Ken was mentioned, with Feltz commenting that Paddick ended up wandering of like "Billy no mates"

Over the last few years the Conservative controlled assembly has curtailed, Ken's expenditure plans, this could be a bad or good thing, I sense the Labour Party, will get another hammering in London.

Going back 8 years Ken walked the election as an Independent, his move back into Labour lost him a lot of independent/ floaters and liberal votes.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've revised my opinions on who will win after last night's showing.

Boris was officially awful on Question Time. Bad performance.
Ken came across as smug and sneery and nasty. Little digs and asides.
Paddick....typical Lib Dem. So f***ing full of himself and pompous.

What a choice for London. Could be any of those three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here