Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo worst player ever? Cobblers...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
fatboy said:
... I guess Tom Fraser is next in line.
Could well be. He's got a squad number now (#37 I think, but it's not on the club site) and he's already travelled with the 1st team (to Leicester) as cover but didn't get on the bench.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think this lost of useless donkeys should only include players who made more than a few substitute appearances. One game (shit)wonders shouldn't count, a players ineptness needs to be proved over and over again before he should be considered suitable as a member of the hallowed 'worst player to play for the Albion, Ever. Fact.' club.

In light of this I'd like to nominate MArk Farrington as the worst striker to have played for the club in the past twenty years.

An honourable mention should go to Les Briley(i think that was his name - Barry Lloyd brought him in during the 91/2 season.) A woeful, woeful player.

He didn't play too many games but the award for worst performance in an Albion shirt should go to Glen Thomas. No one who witnessed his first half heroics at Brentford can ever forget what a 'legendary' performance he treated us to. :bowdown:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
That's the vital selection we should be discussing, sod Southampton!

I would pick the "QPR" defence of El Abd at LB with the "Hull" midfield and strikeforce, with Chippy obviously instead of Charlie and OGH and CKR up front.

-------Kuipers--------
Reid--McShane--Butters--El-Abd
Carole--Hammond--Carpenter--Frutos
---------Hart---Kazim-Richards----
Spot on, although maybe Knight for Hart. Deffo El-Abd at left back as Mayo simply isn't up to the job.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
garry nelsons left foot said:
He didn't play too many games but the award for worst performance in an Albion shirt should go to Glen Thomas. No one who witnessed his first half heroics at Brentford can ever forget what a 'legendary' performance he treated us to. :bowdown:
Ashley Neal at Oxford runs him close. Funny I should use the word run, because in actual fact, Ashley Neal couldn't even run properly if memory serves me right. Utter utter gash.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
garry nelsons left foot said:
I think this lost of useless donkeys should only include players who made more than a few substitute appearances. One game (shit)wonders shouldn't count, a players ineptness needs to be proved over and over again before he should be considered suitable as a member of the hallowed 'worst player to play for the Albion, Ever. Fact.' club.

In light of this I'd like to nominate MArk Farrington as the worst striker to have played for the club in the past twenty years.

An honourable mention should go to Les Briley(i think that was his name - Barry Lloyd brought him in during the 91/2 season.) A woeful, woeful player.

Horton subbed Thomas at half time and didn't return until he played awfully again at Gill some mioths later. Agree with your choice with David Lee not far behind for ineptitude (nice haircut).
Wot about Phil King, Will Packham & Mahoney Jones tho'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here