Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo worst player ever? Cobblers...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Turkey said:
As a Saints regular now :)() its clearly Walcott is brilliant. His pace is just sensational.

We can get something from Saints. They love to knock it about, they're not very direct, and we can get two banks of 4 and deal with them. Fuller is a fouling bastard though. Shoves the defenders all over the place. Guy and McShane will have a tough job. Quashie is a beast in midfield, not sure how to deal with him, sublime skill.

Evening Simon.

Quashie, Dyer and Jones were their only good players tonight. I know they have a few out, but who doesn't. Both full backs were poor, particularly Cranie who was at fault for the goal.

By the way, can you confirm [I assume that you were allowed to see the replays] that the goals was about 5 yards offside?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
fatboy said:
We will struggle to field to banks of four!

I think we ought to get Butters out of the team, play McShane and El-Abd at the back and play Frutos and Carole on the wings, with Carpenter and Fraser in the middle.

I like Butters. I liked him especially in the 6th minute on Monday.

Frutos cannot defend at all.

Would not want to waste Carole by giving him defensive responsibilities.

Who is Fraser?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
hans kraay fan club said:
I like Butters. I liked him especially in the 6th minute on Monday.

Frutos cannot defend at all.

Would not want to waste Carole by giving him defensive responsibilities.

Who is Fraser?

I meant the wings as in in midfield. I'd like to think we have some full backs available - Hart and Mayo perhaps.

As we are down to the bare bones with no Reid, Oatway, Hammond and presumably Nicolas I guess Tom Fraser is next in line.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Nicolas will return to training Friday apparently. Could be available Monday...

If not I'd put Knight in central midfield.

-----------Kuipers--------
Hart--McShane--Butters--El-Abd
Carole--Nicolas--Carpenter--Frutos
---------Knight---Kazim-Richards----

But anyway we've got Millwall to worry about next.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Evening Simon.

Quashie, Dyer and Jones were their only good players tonight. I know they have a few out, but who doesn't. Both full backs were poor, particularly Cranie who was at fault for the goal.

By the way, can you confirm [I assume that you were allowed to see the replays] that the goals was about 5 yards offside?

I was pitchside tonight and to be fair and its quite hard to get a full perspective from there so hard to comment on the perfromance if I'm honest, Quahie was very good though. True about injuries but they were missing some very big players, Niemi, Lundekvam, Higginbotham, Kneton, Oakly etc. Dunno if it was offside, I was down the other end and haven't seen the replays.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Nicolas will return to training Friday apparently. Could be available Monday...

If not I'd put Knight in central midfield.

-----------Kuipers--------
Hart--McShane--Butters--El-Abd
Carole--Nicolas--Carpenter--Frutos
---------Knight---Kazim-Richards----

I'd go with that too. Need to attack them with pace. We do look vulnerable in defence though. Fuller and Walcott are very difficult to play against.

Silent Bob said:

That's the vital selection we should be discussing, sod Southampton!

I would pick the "QPR" defence of El Abd at LB with the "Hull" midfield and strikeforce, with Chippy obviously instead of Charlie and OGH and CKR up front.

-------Kuipers--------
Reid--McShane--Butters--El-Abd
Carole--Hammond--Carpenter--Frutos
---------Hart---Kazim-Richards----

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Turkey said:
I was pitchside tonight and to be fair and its quite hard to get a full perspective from there so hard to comment on the perfromance if I'm honest, Quahie was very good though. True about injuries but they were missing some very big players, Niemi, Lundekvam, Higginbotham, Kneton, Oakly etc. Dunno if it was offside, I was down the other end and haven't seen the replays.

You see them more than me Simon, but off those you mention
Niemi is a great keeper but Smith is good anyway, Lundekvam has had it, Higginbotham is pony, Kenton is average, quiet rate Oakley. In addition there is Pahars who frankly is never coming back, and the one that they are really missing - Svensson.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
London Irish said:
That's the vital selection we should be discussing, sod Southampton!

I would pick the "QPR" defence of El Abd at LB with the "Hull" midfield and strikeforce, with Chippy obviously instead of Charlie and OGH and CKR up front.

-------Kuipers--------
Reid--McShane--Butters--El-Abd
Carole--Hammond--Carpenter--Frutos
---------Hart---Kazim-Richards----

Reid, Hammond and Kazim are all suspended. ;)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You see them more than me Simon, but off those you mention
Niemi is a great keeper but Smith is good anyway, Lundekvam has had it, Higginbotham is pony, Kenton is average, quiet rate Oakley. In addition there is Pahars who frankly is never coming back, and the one that they are really missing - Svensson.

Hmm, Pahars was superb on his comeback but got himself injured again lol. Kenton has been inconsistant for them, Higgenbotham/Lundekvam are good though imo.

Turkey said:
Reid, Hammond and Kazim are all suspended. ;)

For that useless luxury game in Scumhampton, yes, but I was talking about the VITAL game ;)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
London Irish said:
For that useless luxury game in Scumhampton, yes, but I was talking about the VITAL game ;)

Fair enough, in that case, I agree with your selection. Although maybe swap El-Abd and Reid around. Reid has more experience at left back.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
KinkyHitler said:
remind me do you get extra bonus points for a VITAL game? ???

You get a bigger gap between yourselves and the bottom team.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
At least Kerry does his best, Ashley Neal just stood around and hid from the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here