Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo on £2,400 per week.

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
BensGrandad said:
whether any player earns £15 or £1500 per week I do not feel that we, because we buy tickets, have the right of an opinion and to discuss it on here.

Agreed BG, I notice no one discusses their own wages on here, so perhaps we should keep our gob's shut about the players too

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Chopper West said:
Agreed BG, I notice no one discusses their own wages on here, so perhaps we should keep our gob's shut about the players too
Well said. It's already well publicised that footballers in the premiershite are on ridiculous money. Mayo has worked his socks off whenever he has played.

I wouldn't care if he was on 10 times that. He is a true ambassador for the club (sorry for pinchhing your phrase Martlet, but it's true) and many people on this board could do with taking a leaf or two out of his book.

Here's to Mayo getting a new contract next year. :drink: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Martlet said:
Be fair. Very short career, no promise of anything after current contract, let alone long-term.

Kerry's been playing for the albion since before that fateful day at Hereford. Always given 100%, been in every manager we've had since's teams (Gritt, Adams, Taylor, Coppell, McGhee) and been an ambassador for the club.

Just for getting this sort of crap from people he's never met, he deserves whatever he gets in my book.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Threads quoting earning annoy me, persoanlly what I earn is between me, my boss and my bank manager. If its a guess or heard from your lovers dogs brothers uncle then what right have you to quote it on a message board.

At the end of the day whether he is on that figure or not matter not one iota if you dont know what the rest of the squad are on.

And when the moans say "but we have a right to know we are season ticket holders" - well thats just plain bollocks you have no right at all to know what people earn at the club

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
All wage figures and contract speculation provided courtesy of:

B0009RWI18.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
I dunno what's more bizarre

The OP or the number of follow-up posters who accept unsubstansiated claims. :nono:

For once (possible the only time) I agree with LI :eek:

London Irish said:
there might be a gap of reality between what footballers are on and what they say they are on. A fitting health warning for this thread.

Although I would change the phrase to "what OTHERS say they are on"

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
RLZ, don't you think that's a tad patronising?

As the fans pay the players wages they are entitled to discuss who might be getting what, and how much players are worth.

The fact the players and manager didn't want to thank the fans after the Stoke match speaks volumes about football reality.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
whether any player earns £15 or £1500 per week I do not feel that we, because we buy tickets, have the right of an opinion and to discuss it on here.

What, I feel we do have a right to is to critisise the decision to pay the player any money if we feel the wage whatever it may be could be better spent on another player. i.e when we were playing Paul Kitson whatever he earnt could have been spent better. One could say the same about the players that MM has loaned out now that they are due back with us.

Bloody Hell ! I couldn't agree more, well said :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here