Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maynard put up for sale!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Much as I love CMS it will not have escaped other strikers in this league's notice that we have been struggling to create and supply him with chances and may just affect whether they want to come here at the moment. I hope not of course.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The local village have joined the modern era they have just tweeted "we want our idiot back"

CMS 22 games 6 goals, if that is setting the world on fire and justifies £3m quid spent when we could have kept Murray (who is incidentally 16 games 5 goals) then pass me the rum I want to join planet happy with you lot.

Don't get me wrong I think at times the lad has shown that he is a quality player and has allot of potential but he looks half the player he did last year. Maybe that is the team he is playing in, we'll never know. My concern is his goal tally when he last played at this level wasn't anything to write home about I just hope we haven't bought a dud.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Read today that Bristol City rejected a bid of £6 million for him in the summer from Leicester, are they mental?!! He is a good championship striker but £6 million!!

They will probably get a third of that now if his contract is up at the end of the season.

Adamoah looks a real talent at City also.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
CMS 22 games 6 goals, if that is setting the world on fire and justifies £3m quid spent when we could have kept Murray (who is incidentally 16 games 5 goals) then pass me the rum I want to join planet happy with you lot.

Don't get me wrong I think at times the lad has shown that he is a quality player and has allot of potential but he looks half the player he did last year. Maybe that is the team he is playing in, we'll never know. My concern is his goal tally when he last played at this level wasn't anything to write home about I just hope we haven't bought a dud.

Arthur I can't work out if you're on the wind up or not?

He's been brilliant for us, simply brilliant. He shouldn't judged purely on his goal to game ratio because that'll only improve when the rest of the team gets up to his standard.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Don't think Maynards to interested in the money, if he was he would of gone to Leicester in the summer. According to the BBC article he just wants the premiership football, and by going to Leicester they're not getting promoted at the moment and not likely to sell him a season in?

Lets see if Gus can sell him this dream like CMS and Vicente? ??? :wink:

BBC Sport - Bristol City look to sell striker Nicky Maynard

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Do you actually watch us play?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
In All fairness to him, CMS isn't worth £3million. We pulled out at £1.5million I believe as that was what was deemed worthy seeing as we pair £1million for Lambert. 22 games, 6 goals doesn't command that fee.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In All fairness to him, CMS isn't worth £3million. We pulled out at £1.5million I believe as that was what was deemed worthy seeing as we pair £1million for Lambert. 22 games, 6 goals doesn't command that fee.
:lolol:

Southampton cock.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes

2.5 i believe in fairness cms is not really getting any service at present. he and lambert are two totaly different players. plus lambert is getting plenty of service with those lovely long balls to the back post.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
2.5 i believe in fairness cms is not really getting any service at present. he and lambert are two totaly different players. plus lambert is getting plenty of service with those lovely long balls to the back post.

Who's top of the league? I think our game has been very effective. It's not long ball and it tore you lot a new one! Nothing to do with Service, I have seen on the highlights CMS blow absolute sitters as he's not a natural finisher. Even at P'boro he took 10 chances to stick it in the net...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Who's top of the league? I think our game has been very effective. It's not long ball and it tore you lot a new one! Nothing to do with Service, I have seen on the highlights CMS blow absolute sitters as he's not a natural finisher. Even at P'boro he took 10 chances to stick it in the net...

According the the Football League website and stats for last season...

The Football League | Stats | Divisional Shooting

Rickie Lambert 83 On, 58 Off, 8 Hw, 21 Goals
CM-S 64 On, 37 Off, 0 Hw, 27 Goals

This season...

Rickie Lambert 34 On, 22 Off, 5 Hw, 15 Goals
CM-S 25 On, 18 Off, 3 Hw, 6 Goals

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Is it just me, or do some people on here pay less attention at games than mr pawson.

Doubless there are those who are unawere who mr pawson is. There is no hope for those people.

We are slowly building a very good championship outfit. We have CMS, the next step is to get someone to get him the f***ing ball. f*** me rome wern't built in a day lads.

Were people honestly expecting we would romp the championship and CMS would score 40 goals this season. Becuse its starting to feel like it. We will get there but one or two bricks at a time and if they dont fit they will be moved on.

Gus knows, trust me, he f***ing knows alright.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You must blame poyet for the lack of service CMS gets,really negative so far but that will i hope improve.

CMS is awsome although he must get frustrated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here