Maybe this why gates are so low ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Interesting article in todays Argus

Albion shop turns away fans

Supporters are refused tickets

Cash strapped Brighton and Hove Albion have turned away fans wanting to buy match tickets.
The ticket sales counter at the clubs shop in Queens Road Brighton was closed at 2pm on Saturday despite the shop being open for another three hours.
Several fans who wanted to buy tickets for yesterdays game against Blackpool were turned away.
One fan who asked to remain anonymous said 'They passed up on at least half a dozen sales. I can't see the sense in it'.
'Maybe Man Utd can afford to turn away fans but Brighton definitely can't especially for a Sunday which is being shown on SKY',
Attendances have been falling at the 8500 capacity Withdean Stadium . Only 5146 watched yesterdays game.
The shop counter always closes at the same time, an hour before the usual Saturday kick off time of 3pm.
Albion chief executive Martin Perry said special arrangements had not been made for weekends when the club is playing on a Sunday.
He said it would not have been worthwhile to have paid ticketing staff to stay on. General shop staff are not trained to operate ticket sales equipment.
Mr Perry said we only play on three Sundays in a season and it hardly seems worthwhile.
'Tickets are available online right up until half an hour before kick off so people will always be able to buy them.
Mr Perry apologised to the people who were unable to buy tickets.
He said the club had no plans to extend the staffing levels at the shop counter which are worked out by the demand at different times of the week

What an absolute f***ing disgrace and just shows how poorly the club is run for the sake of paying £20 or whatever 3 hours wages for someone to work Saturday afternoon the club would rather not sell tickets. Not every one has the internet and people prefer to go in the shop to choose where they want to sit.
This makes me so f***ing angry that we have f***ing cunty clowns like Perry running the club who couldn't run a f***ing piss up in a f***ing brewery and this f***ing idiot reckons he can raise the funds and build Falmer, no f***ing chance :angry: :angry: :angry:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Surely the club could offer free internet access from the shop with someone overseeing it.

FFS - I'll man a pc in the shop and show people how to order online.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
:angry:

Surely the club can arrange for the shop staff to say fill out a form with credit card details and make sure the tickets are waiting for people at the ground.

We can't afford to turn any money away!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is piss poor if true but I am not vaguely suprised

If the shop is open they should be selling tickets, shocking PR.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
EVERYONE OUT!! :angry: :angry: EVERYWHERE!:angry: :flameboun

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
You cant dress this up in any other way than saying is an absolue disgrace.

FOUR tickets would surely have paid for ONE person to stay on for a few hours, its not like we play every Sunday, in fact twice a season is hardly a sacrifice for those having to work a few hours extra.

No ambition.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was a Blackpool girl in the pub Sunday lunchtime who had come down without a ticket. Wanted to know how she could buy one. Could only do so online and the nearest internet cafe was a mile down the road. Surely the club could have taken her credit card details over the phone and had a ticket waiting for her at Withdean? :dunce:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
so they can't pay ticket staff to offer a valuable service, but can pay oatway to sit and collect X ammount per week.:jester:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Rougvie said:
You cant dress this up in any other way than saying is an absolue disgrace.

FOUR tickets would surely have paid for ONE person to stay on for a few hours, its not like we play every Sunday, in fact twice a season is hardly a sacrifice for those having to work a few hours extra.

No ambition.

I can't believe the ticket staff are on more than £6 an hour so to pay one to stay on Saturday afternoon would have cost £18-20.
To sell 6 tickets could have raised £120-150 plus they would have bought programmes maybe wager tickets etc.
Just sums up why the club is f***ed really :angry: :angry: :angry:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Buzzer said:
Surely the club could offer free internet access from the shop with someone overseeing it.

FFS - I'll man a pc in the shop and show people how to order online.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

thats not a bad idea really

OR leave a note with the club shop behind the desk for shirts and that with details needed and when they sort out the tickets for the sunday games add those to it?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tom Hark said:
There was a Blackpool girl in the pub Sunday lunchtime who had come down without a ticket. Wanted to know how she could buy one. Could only do so online and the nearest internet cafe was a mile down the road. Surely the club could have taken her credit card details over the phone and had a ticket waiting for her at Withdean? :dunce:

Can away fans buy tickets on the day via the net ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could the shop not have a ticket request /order form that supporters complete with a credit/debit card number and I person from the ticket office go to the shop on match days prior to going to Withdean, and process those tickets to be collected at Withdean.

This would mean whenever the shop is open tckets can be bought right up until 1 hour before kick off. Or does this violate the rules governing our use of Withdean.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'll quote something I put on here last night as I believe it is relevent to this story

I have always felt very uncomfortable with Kinght after he stated that no one man will ever have control of this club again, but then proceeded to make all the decisions that affect the playing side on his own.

Also M Perry. What people quite often forget is that Martin Perry was not a supporter of Brighton and he has not invested any money into the club, he was and is employed to do a job. A job which before the "liberal wanker" did not exist. The day to day business was done by the club secretary. We now have both so apart from stadium issues, which can not take up every day all day Perry should be running the club. This should be accessing all aspects of the business and the playing side should be focused just the same as anything else. It is after all the product that the business produces. With this in mind last year, forcasts would have shown that if the product was losing ground in its sector then to stop the slide investment would be needed. This did not happen and not only did revenue go down by direct sales but also indirect such as advertising etc. The potential of the business is now serverely damaged. As a cheif executive of a business you could say Perry has failed in his duty to instruct the board on a course of action to avoid this loss.

Now there's people that will say this is bollocks but business is business whether its making baked beans or running a football club either way the chairman are normally just spokesmen for the board and in the background the chief exec. is running the business.

Many on here praise Perry for the work he has put into falmer but if you look at what he has succeeded in doing, it paints a somewhat different picture. Seven years on no planning for a new stadium (for whatever reason), club losing more money, lower season ticket sales, drop in overall attendances, lower standard on the playing staff, no new real investment.

Now he may have his hands tied by Knight but you never hear Perry talk about anything other than Falmer, why not?

I'm not running Perry down but would like to try and put a different angle on how this club is run. Knight is coming under more and more critisism on his running of the club and perhaps we should be questioning just how the club is run and who makes the decisions.

Perhaps now is the time we really asked about the competence of the people running our club. To me it appears to be run like a small village pub team at times. No planning, no vision, no idea!!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
What time does the ticket office normally shut on a saturday??

If it is 2pm then surley for the sake of a couple of extra hours in a once in a blue moon event, it would have been worth paying one of the ticket staff to stay on for a few extra hours.

Also when booking tickets on the internet, i gather the tickets are printed at withdean? By a member of the ticket staff?

Couldn't the peoples deatils been put down as people have suggested on a piece of paper and taken to withdean on the sunday morning!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here