Commercial inertness - something we sadly get used to :nono:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Ernest said:
Interesting article in todays Argus

Albion shop turns away fans

Supporters are refused tickets

Cash strapped Brighton and Hove Albion have turned away fans wanting to buy match tickets.
The ticket sales counter at the clubs shop in Queens Road Brighton was closed at 2pm on Saturday despite the shop being open for another three hours.
Several fans who wanted to buy tickets for yesterdays game against Blackpool were turned away.
One fan who asked to remain anonymous said 'They passed up on at least half a dozen sales. I can't see the sense in it'.
'Maybe Man Utd can afford to turn away fans but Brighton definitely can't especially for a Sunday which is being shown on SKY',
Attendances have been falling at the 8500 capacity Withdean Stadium . Only 5146 watched yesterdays game.
The shop counter always closes at the same time, an hour before the usual Saturday kick off time of 3pm.
Albion chief executive Martin Perry said special arrangements had not been made for weekends when the club is playing on a Sunday.
He said it would not have been worthwhile to have paid ticketing staff to stay on. General shop staff are not trained to operate ticket sales equipment.
Mr Perry said we only play on three Sundays in a season and it hardly seems worthwhile.
'Tickets are available online right up until half an hour before kick off so people will always be able to buy them.
Mr Perry apologised to the people who were unable to buy tickets.
He said the club had no plans to extend the staffing levels at the shop counter which are worked out by the demand at different times of the week

What an absolute f***ing disgrace and just shows how poorly the club is run for the sake of paying £20 or whatever 3 hours wages for someone to work Saturday afternoon the club would rather not sell tickets. Not every one has the internet and people prefer to go in the shop to choose where they want to sit.
This makes me so f***ing angry that we have f***ing cunty clowns like Perry running the club who couldn't run a f***ing piss up in a f***ing brewery and this f***ing idiot reckons he can raise the funds and build Falmer, no f***ing chance :angry: :angry: :angry:

Funny thing about this is that i went to the shop saturday at about half four, asking for 2 ticketd, the old bird took down my name and address and said i could pick up and pay for them before the game, not only that but she gave me 2 student tickets, priced at £15.50 each.

does anyone actually know anyone who was turned away?

i smell a rat.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here