Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maybe some of the poster's should remember this ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just remember how far we have travelled,sure i get ****** off at times when i can see Albion away,but does'nt any fan if it is not going right ? Sure Sack the Jockey there are plenty out there that would to be manager of Brighton. Do you really think any Forest fan wants Mcleish ? Yet he would WALK TO BRIGHTON if he was to be offered the job. However we could be a really progressive club like Barnsley ? Or Blackburn ? Or Wolves ? :wave:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHhlqrN44U8

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yes, let's pay several hundred quid to watch the manager f*** up our promotion prospects but NOT moan at it because we used to play at Gillingham and were a lot lot worse.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes, let's pay several hundred quid to watch the manager f*** up our promotion prospects but NOT moan at it because we used to play at Gillingham and were a lot lot worse.

Whilst I think these threads are utterly pointless, I am interested as to why you think our promotion prospects are being f***ed up. Were we guaranteed promotion at the start of the season?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Man United fans would do well to remember that in 1893 Newton Heath FC finished last in the Division One Championship.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Whilst I think these threads are utterly pointless, I am interested as to why you think our promotion prospects are being f***ed up. Were we guaranteed promotion at the start of the season?

The bullk part of our squad should be competing for promotion, as they were at the beginning of the season. Our back line has more players with Champions League experience than those without!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Just remember how far we have travelled,sure i get ****** off at times when i can see Albion away,but does'nt any fan if it is not going right ? Sure Sack the Jockey there are plenty out there that would to be manager of Brighton. Do you really think any Forest fan wants Mcleish ? Yet he would WALK TO BRIGHTON if he was to be offered the job. However we could be a really progressive club like Barnsley ? Or Blackburn ? Or Wolves ? :wave:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHhlqrN44U8

What a load of bollocks! Managers at Withdean were starved of money, and would only dream of the money Poyet has spunked on CMS alone! We are Brighton, we have a great stadium, and our fans live in an affluent area. We are NOT some crap club from some dying northern mill-town!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Why not remember 1982 and 1983 seasons? Or 1979? Why always remember when we were rock bottom? At least the last time we commanded such crowds we were one of the best sides In the top 2 divisions and got to a cup final.

Yes we'll done OP. You've drawn a positive correlation to the fact this current side and manager are woefully underachieving by comparison! Poyet OUT!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The bullk part of our squad should be competing for promotion, as they were at the beginning of the season. Our back line has more players with Champions League experience than those without!

I think it is important to take each player as they are, regardless of previous endeavours. Neither Bridge nor Bruno would be in a Champions League squad, that is why they are here. Same for Tomasz. Maybe an.obscure team.

People are reacting as though we have already resigned ourselves to being a nothing season.

We may or may not flirt with the playoffs, but I fail to see how the season has fallen apart.

Granted, we are on a wretched run, but we have the transfer window to come. I know you don't personally rate Gus' dealings, but we are not privvy to who he can afford and who is available and so on.

I think he deserves a bit more patience than a proportion of our fanbase are willing. He's dug us out of messes before and he may well do it again.

We're not that far off being a decent side. We're hard to beat, which is a good sign.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I think it is important to take each player as they are, regardless of previous endeavours. Neither Bridge nor Bruno would be in a Champions League squad, that is why they are here. Same for Tomasz. Maybe an.obscure team.

People are reacting as though we have already resigned ourselves to being a nothing season.

We may or may not flirt with the playoffs, but I fail to see how the season has fallen apart.

Granted, we are on a wretched run, but we have the transfer window to come. I know you don't personally rate Gus' dealings, but we are not privvy to who he can afford and who is available and so on.

I think he deserves a bit more patience than a proportion of our fanbase are willing. He's dug us out of messes before and he may well do it again.

We're not that far off being a decent side. We're hard to beat, which is a good sign.

Well said!

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing

Spot on
It's where there going now not were they been that counts

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

You have to be the biggest pillock I have seen on a computer in 20 years, that's going some believe me. Why don't you f*** off and support whoever it is you support and leave Brighton fans to support Brighton. Total leech.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You have to be the biggest pillock I have seen on a computer in 20 years, that's going some believe me. Why don't you f*** off and support whoever it is you support and leave Brighton fans to support Brighton. Total leech.
Amazing that there are people who think 'supporting' their club is to slag them off at every opportunity. Seriously, WW - if you're that unhappy go and 'support' someone else. No-one needs your consistent, pointless negativity.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Is it not about the future rather then the past?? Who cares about the gillingham or withdean days? Yes they were a chapter in the clubs history but are in the past!!
We have a fantastic new stadium and run the risk of 75% capacity next season unless things change Ie- manager? Players? I don't know! Wish I did?
So to all the dinosaurs out there can we please stop all these look how far we have come, look where we were 5 years ago stupid and pathetic threads!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What a load of bollocks! Managers at Withdean were starved of money, and would only dream of the money Poyet has spunked on CMS alone! We are Brighton, we have a great stadium, and our fans live in an affluent area. We are NOT some crap club from some dying northern mill-town!

Why not remember 1982 and 1983 seasons? Or 1979? Why always remember when we were rock bottom? At least the last time we commanded such crowds we were one of the best sides In the top 2 divisions and got to a cup final.

Yes we'll done OP. You've drawn a positive correlation to the fact this current side and manager are woefully underachieving by comparison!
Agree with both these sentiments (although I've removed the "Poyet out" quote!). Comparing the current set-up to Withdean/Gillingham is like comparing us to Lewes or Horsham - let's be grateful we're not in their position eh?

If people really must make historical comparisons rather than dealing with the here and now then let's compare us to the last time we'd risen up to the second tier with crowds this size. Why aren't we as good now as we were then? Some people need to get a sense of perspective - and that doesn't mean looking back just a few years. We all know that real progress has been made and we're all grateful.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
These comparisons to the past completely baffle me! I just don’t get it??
Surly in everything we do in our lives we always want better and to aim for the next step... You have a car you want a bigger, better and newer one, you have a 2 bed semi you want a 3 bed detached, Same goes for work surely you look to progress or for promotion etc (you get the picture)?
Well why is it any different for football and the club that you are meant to be supporting?? How is looking back on the Withdean & Gillingham years going to sort the current problems out?
Changes are clearly needed and in my opinion (yes I am entitled to one! doesn’t make me right or wrong before you all start it is just an opinion) Gus has done all he can for this club now, I respect what he has achieved and thank him for it but now is the time to pass the reins to somebody else. The club are very close to undoing all the hard work so far and will almost certainly loose a good number of season ticket holders next season, Now there is an argument to say that they can’t be true supporters then and I kind of agree but without the revenue coming through the gates it’s the remaining season ticket holders and fans that will suffer the following year with increased prices not to mention the £6 pie around the corner!
On a separate note look at QPR who are clearly in the SHIT, did anyone see Harry's post match comments yesterday?? He was amazingly up-beat and positive about the situation which we just don’t get from Gus! And it shows... A lack of passion, energy and positive vibes from the manager is clearly finding its way onto the pitch (With a couple of exceptions)
I know Harry is a "marmite" kind of character and personally I quite like him and respect his honest tongue and even his style of football. Would just like to see more of that passion in Gus if he is to stay... I don’t see QPR referring to their past and how far they have come, they are fighting and fighting hard to stay in the prem and showing guts which we are not at present.
Let’s hope for some good business in Jan and look to move the club forward.... Forget the past you can’t go back there!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here