Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May 3rd are you voting ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I always vote, I haven't decided who for yet though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Lord Bracknell said:
I shall be voting for ... myself.

:glare:

Is that allowed (genuine question from someone who isn't an expert in such matters)?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Frutos said:
Is that allowed (genuine question from someone who isn't an expert in such matters)?

Yes, yes it is.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
yes i'm voting i'm just waiting for the lib dem to knock on my door
i will listen very carefully and ask them their policy on various local
issues then tell them to vote for The Seagulls Party

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
In our parish council election I have 9 (NINE ) votes,and will be using two of them,one for the lady who wants more doggie poo bins,and one for the postman who wants our footpaths cared for.

Otherwise my boro council votes are for the Lib Dems ( my local MP is Lib Dem and simply cannot sign the EDM,so not them,then) or the Tories ( oh!please God,NO )...............so it looks like I'll draw a little box on the ballot paper,write SEAGULLS PARTY next to it in large,and vote for them.

Technically a spoiled vote.NOT FOR ME,THOUGH.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
dougdeep said:
Yes, yes it is.

I wonder if anyone's ever voting against themselves ???

I'll be voting as I feel very strongly that democracy was corrupted by Labour and the Greens in the recent school admissions debarcle.

I'll vote for whoever I believe is best placed to give these two parties a bloody nose.

I've voted for 5 parties over the years but not entirely sure who to vote for this time. I've also not voted in the past - it's called abstaining and MP's do it without being critised yet members of the public who abstain aren't allowed a point of view ... strange world :rolleyes:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I'll be voting for my Dad! So should anyone else in West Chilt!
Not sure what to do about my Welsh Assembley vote.

Chunky Monkey

Dec 26, 2006
Hailsham
They bang on about policy and then give you what you don't want, whether you like it or not. Anyone remember voting Conservative and asking for a parking scheme in Lewes and Eastbourne? Who wanted the waste scheme in Newhaven. Anyone vote for that?

They make it up as they go. Sadly not voting is not an option either. Damned if you do and buggered if you don't.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I will be voting here, have only ever not voted once since turning 18 and that was due to a mix up with a proxy vote, not my fault...blame Horsham District Council. Important to vote here as the Tories have made a right pigs ear of running the city council, time to kick out the blue rinse brigade...contrary to what most on here would believe, the Lib Dems are the only alternative.

ginadim, vote for Plaid Cymru, that is one decent party...if only there was a proper equivalent in England.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Gully said:
ginadim, vote for Plaid Cymru, that is one decent party...if only there was a proper equivalent in England.

Thanks. Before I vote, do they have any policies which my harm students in anyway?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Buzzer said:
most definitely. I'll consider all the manifestos, look at the credentials of the candidates, think about what would be best for me and the community as a whole and then ignore all that and vote Conservative.

You could put a blue rosette on a fish finger and I could justify in my mind voting for it. :down:

Total waste of a vote if you live in Hanover.

I myself will certainly be making sure to vote for the party I've been a member of since I was old enough to vote.

I even did a spot of electioneering today (well, I delivered some papers) out in the sunshine. Politics is COOL

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have a look at the Plaid website, their policies and aims seem reasonable enough...I would probably vote for them if I lived there, broadly speaking they are a left of centre party with a social conscience, a bit like the Liberals were before merging with the SDP.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Buzzer said:
most definitely. I'll consider all the manifestos, look at the credentials of the candidates, think about what would be best for me and the community as a whole and then ignore all that and vote Conservative.

You could put a blue rosette on a fish finger and I could justify in my mind voting for it. :down:
Exactly the same as me - but for Labour!

However this time I shall be voting for whichever party will reverse the parking restrictions at Fiveways. Each night residents now spend 5/10 minutes circling the area trying to find somewhere to park. Leaving aside the fact it's pissing everybody off - how is that helping the environment?

PS - It doesn't effect me usually because I walk to work, but the times when I have used the car in the evenings it is a real pisser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here