Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May 3rd are you voting ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Seeing as the French made a 80% plus turnout for there recent election. Are you going to vote ? With anti Blair feelings running high,what will Labour voters do ? Up here one gets the feeling the Tories could do quite well,i would suspect Lib-Dems will do well ! :albion:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yes, I will be voting.

As far as I'm concerned, if you are able to vote and don't, then you have no right to moan if the outcome and the policies which result from it don't go the way that you'd like.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I will be voting. I have always voted. I would never not vote.

I am not going to divulge who I am voting for, that is matter for me and the ballot paper.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Be rude not to vote

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Not asking for anyone to say how they will vote for,like frutos says if you dont vote then dont complain.However reckon there could be a reasonable turnout for local elections. :albion:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Party politics. Grr!!!! :angry:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Frutos said:
Yes, I will be voting.

As far as I'm concerned, if you are able to vote and don't, then you have no right to moan if the outcome and the policies which result from it don't go the way that you'd like.

Exactly. Some of the biggest f***ing moaners I know don't vote, which I remind them of to cut them off every time. Not voting = no right to complain about ANYTHING.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Is there a site where I can see who each candidate in my area are and what they are planning on doing?

Code:
Balding Man: You... don't belong here, Stan. You should return home.  
Stan: I can't. I was banished for not voting.  
Balding Man: But, why on earth wouldn't you wanna vote?  
Stan: I think voting is great. I just didn't care this time because it was between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.  
Balding Man: But Stan, don't you know, it's always between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. 
Nearly every election since the beginning of time has been between some douche and some turd. 
They're the only people who suck up enough to make it that far in politics.  
Stan: I guess... I guess you're right

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
most definitely. I'll consider all the manifestos, look at the credentials of the candidates, think about what would be best for me and the community as a whole and then ignore all that and vote Conservative.

You could put a blue rosette on a fish finger and I could justify in my mind voting for it. :down:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
If you DON'T want to vote then go along anyway and SPOIL the ballot. They always count spoiled ballots. Far better to have a 95% turn out rate and a large number of spoiled ballots as that sends a message to the major parties.

If no one turns up it's put down to apathy and the issue isn't addressed.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Downloaded Penguin said:
If you DON'T want to vote then go along anyway and SPOIL the ballot. They always count spoiled ballots. Far better to have a 95% turn out rate and a large number of spoiled ballots as that sends a message to the major parties.

Such as the 10% spoilt vote for the referendum on our constitution here in 1937.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I shall be voting for whoever is likely to beat Lib Dems round here! :) I'm particularly looking forward to seeing whatever PRICK from the Liberals knocks on my door 'assuming I have their vote'! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'd like to see the Lib Dems make massive gains everywhere, except Lewes (I'm not a Lib Dem btw). It would probably highlight the situation there even more.

Come on The Seagulls Party.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Downloaded Penguin said:

Also; the candidates inspect the ballot papers at the count, so there's a good chance they'll see your message that ANN DE VECCHI SMELLS OF WEE. Or something.

I'm not voting on May 3rd, because there's no election where I live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here