Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] May 2021 local elections and Hartlepool by-election

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The woke classes claimed that not offering unequivocal, ongoing support of ‘taking the knee’ immediately made someone a racist?

And don’t ask for a specific quote as you well know that was a common reaction from many, many supporters of BLM.

OUT OF TOUCH

Thats the problem, you do have to provide a specific quote, because otherwise your judgements and politics are based on perception or "claims" rather than facts

I think similar example (discussed on LBC) some "claims" that people beleive Labour / the left think Brexit voters are stupid, when in fact the only people quoted as saying that were Tories, telling people that Labour / left think they're stupid

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A couple of questions.

If a man is using a women’s toilet and which is unnerving for women that subsequently complain, is that transphobic conduct on behalf of the women?
If a man is using a women’s toilet but wearing a dress and which is unnerving women that subsequently complain is that transphobic conduct on behalf of the women?

You may say well context is everything here what is unnerving for women about men using a women’s toilet......and blah blah blah.

It’s exactly this kind of issue that has made Labour and it’s supporters irrelevant. Most people think trans people are just mad........fruits of the forest transvestites in old money.

That may seem a derogatory reference but then we live in times when even supposedly mainstream broadcasters considers the term “women” to be offensive, a decision probably made by a man.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/30/...wellness/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Labour are obsessed with this sort of issue, which the vast majority of people think is simply an irrelevance. They will remain an irrelevance till they get a grip on this total buffoonery.

This is a big claim - I am interested to know what evidence you have used to back this statement up.

A quick google found this study which seems to disagree https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/sites/default/files/attitudes_to_transgender_people.pdf

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A couple of questions.

If a man is using a women’s toilet and which is unnerving for women that subsequently complain, is that transphobic conduct on behalf of the women?
If a man is using a women’s toilet but wearing a dress and which is unnerving women that subsequently complain is that transphobic conduct on behalf of the women?

You may say well context is everything here what is unnerving for women about men using a women’s toilet......and blah blah blah.

It’s exactly this kind of issue that has made Labour and it’s supporters irrelevant. Most people think trans people are just mad........fruits of the forest transvestites in old money.

That may seem a derogatory reference but then we live in times when even supposedly mainstream broadcasters considers the term “women” to be offensive, a decision probably made by a man.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/30/...wellness/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Labour are obsessed with this sort of issue, which the vast majority of people think is simply an irrelevance. They will remain an irrelevance till they get a grip on this total buffoonery.

I know a trans person and I certainly do not regard them as a fruit of the forest transvestite. They are one of the bravest people I know. Not "steaming in to a load of Barnsley after 6 pints of lager" brave. I mean genuinely confronting mental and physical pain and prejudice on a daily basis.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
But the majority of the woke thing, is just bullshit made up and blown out of proportion by the right. Take a look a Corbyn's policies (ignoring brexit ones, because that's a different matter)

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50501411

Which ones of these are woke? Which ones would your mates disagree with?

A lot of it is hard to disagree with but the damage was done by that point and your average man on the street doesn't read the manifesto. I'm not saying that's right but that's the way it is. JC managed to alienate large portions of the electorate. The Jewish community is an obvious example. I've never met anyone in the military or policing that would vote for him (we should send novochock to the Russians) and this kind of nonsense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35337432

Its more about having an electable leader as about what they will do in power.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A lot of it is hard to disagree with but the damage was done by that point and your average man on the street doesn't read the manifesto. I'm not saying that's right but that's the way it is. JC managed to alienate large portions of the electorate. The Jewish community is an obvious example. I've never met anyone in the military or policing that would vote for him (we should send novochock to the Russians) and this kind of nonsense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35337432

Its more about having an electable leader as about what they will do in power.

This is an interesting point and one that begs the question: What does influence 'the man on the street' with their vote?

I hope to god that the answer to this question is something more complex than 'Rupert Murdoch'.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'll let you off tonight, its been a rough day for Labour and you have several more years to work out where you went wrong before finally mounting a serious challenge for power!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Let me off :lol: You’ve avoided any critique of your boys in blue (hard to face the truth I suppose) and attempted a poor excuse of an attack on me, presumably because you don’t have a justification for the aforementioned corruption and piss poor COVID-19 response. Also, the problem with assumptions JC, is that their often wrong. I don’t vote Labour. Have a good weekend.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Thats the problem, you do have to provide a specific quote, because otherwise your judgements and politics are based on perception or "claims" rather than facts

I think similar example (discussed on LBC) some "claims" that people beleive Labour / the left think Brexit voters are stupid, when in fact the only people quoted as saying that were Tories, telling people that Labour / left think they're stupid

There are many, many examples of the above claim across NSC over many months. I DO NOT have to provide specific instances as my political leanings were not ripped to shreds yet again at the ballot box unlike yours. If you and your friends do not want to listen to what the electorate want and think that is fine, but stop bleating and blaming others.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is an interesting point and one that begs the question: What does influence 'the man on the street' with their vote?

I hope to god that the answer to this question is something more complex than 'Rupert Murdoch'.

Short term memory loss? It is a fact that the Criminal Justice System has been devastated since 2010.

[tweet]1390929010541174787[/tweet]

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
There are many, many examples of the above claim across NSC over many months. I DO NOT have to provide specific instances as my political leanings were not ripped to shreds yet again at the ballot box unlike yours. If you and your friends do not want to listen to what the electorate want and think that is fine, but stop bleating and blaming others.

You dont even know what my political leanings are, you just assumed. perception again. If you must know, for the record I reject supporting a party that represents the interests of wealthy elitism and a divided country, if that puts me in a minority i'm very comfortable with that

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I joined the Labour Party when Corbyn was leader and had never been part of a political party previously. I also voted for Starmer in the most recent leadership election, as I thought he was the best chance of taking on the Tories. A swing labour voter, if that’s such a thing. I do not think Corbyn would have done any better at these local elections, the infighting in Labour at the moment has alienated everyone.

Moving forward, the only way I can see Labour getting back into power is by forming a progressive alliance and promising to change the voting system to PR. The SNP probably wouldn’t want PR as they get a high number of seats with the FPTP system. Therefore, to appease the SNP, Labour are going to have to offer an Indy Ref 2, which will break up the union and we will be back to the Miliband/Cameron election of the Tories saying that Labour/SNP coalition would be chaos. Ultimately, I can’t see anything other than a Conservative majority for at least the next 2 elections.
Labour to offer PR and another referendum for the SNP ................ boy, they sure know how to pick a winner! The red wall is safe again!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You dont even know what my political leanings are, you just assumed. perception again. If you must know, for the record I reject supporting a party that represents the interests of wealthy elitism and a divided country, if that puts me in a minority i'm very comfortable with that

Quite. Being in the minority when the majority are collectively falling for a lie, is no bad thing. As I said to them in another thread, be careful of the gloating*, this is politics, nothing lasts forever.

*especially when they have no real understanding of what they are gloating over.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was referring the general inept response, not just the total number of deaths, which is still awful.

Many countries have fared better than us and many worse. Our response has been mixed, some good, some bad and it shouldn't be overly politicised in my opinion.

I would suggest the metric of excess deaths will be the most useful measure to judge by when things have calmed down. It is interesting that many EU countries who were praised for initial response in 2020 are now amongst the worst suffering countries on deaths per million. I do not expect the UK to be radically different to the majority of similar countries in the end.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Hartlepool 70% leave yet the Labour MP wanted a second referendum, when will these goons ever learn
Regards
DF

Whereas in an area that has actually been affected by Brexit, Folkstone, Labour has taken control of the council from the Tories. The actual figures and results across the country would seem to deserve a more sophisticated analysis than they have so far received on, say, the BBC. Or by some people on here.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Many countries have fared better than us and many worse. Our response has been mixed, some good, some bad and it shouldn't be overly politicised in my opinion.

I would suggest the metric of excess deaths will be the most useful measure to judge by when things have calmed down. It is interesting that many EU countries who were praised for initial response in 2020 are now amongst the worst suffering countries on deaths per million. I do not expect the UK to be radically different to the majority of similar countries in the end.

But could we have fared better if it wasn’t for a consistent timeline of failure? The answer, hypothetically of course, probably. Of course, a year on people have already seemingly forgotten what an utter shambles it was. That, or they just don’t care :shrug:

https://timeline-of-failure.com/

Jan 30, 2008
Whereas in an area that has actually been affected by Brexit, Folkstone, Labour has taken control of the council from the Tories. The actual figures and results across the country would seem to deserve a more sophisticated analysis than they have so far received on, say, the BBC. Or by some people on here.

What has been the effect of Brexit in Folkstone I'me sure Mr Collins must be devastated
Regards
DF

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Quite. Being in the minority when the majority are collectively falling for a lie, is no bad thing.

Cameron’s great lie was that the Labour Party’s borrowing was at the route of the 2008 crash. So many people bought into that. Whilst Brown should have legislated against banks, Osbourne was on the other side screaming for deregulation as UK banks invested heavily in the US sub-prime mortgage market. The Tories made the electorate believe it was spending on rebuilding schools & hospitals that had done for the country, almost all economic academics agree that their austerity policy was an abject failure but the electorate seems happy that Johnson has switched to Labour spending policies having ridiculed them at the last election.

And that brings me on to Boris. Himself & Farage have convinced working people, much like Napoleon on animal farm, that the pigs at the top, the ones skimming off the cream and sorting their mates out, are on their side. The enemy of working people is the EU, it’s BLM, it’s identity politics where minorities such a Trans people seek recognition and respect, it’s the intellectual classes who think they are smarter than the rest, it’s the media with their PC nonsense. Drunk on nationalism, Boris has the Country right where he wants it.

He is the appeasement of ignorance and fear, the solution to those who look back with rose tinted glasses at the past, those who fear globalisation, those who fear educated people, those who blame the liberal middle class for the Country’s woes.

You have to admire the skill of this opportunist pig of a man, as his slops about in his sty ranting of ignoring ‘bodies piled high’ so his old man can get down the pub or over to his holiday home. You have to wonder how on earth he can be stopped now, this pig-in-shit can do no wrong for the majority of voters in this country at the moment; they don’t care about the lies because they know he is a liar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here