Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mattock to Sheff Weds?

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Can't see our wage structure being the problem with Mattock not signing, i'm sure CMS, Vicente and Kusack (if true) are on more than him.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Not good, was near enough a done deal before Poyet went to Uruguay.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's good to speculate.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Can't see our wage structure being the problem with Mattock not signing, i'm sure CMS, Vicente and Kusack (if true) are on more than him.

if you listen to some on here we are paying 20grand a week to players last year

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would I want us to pay Joe Mattock £20k per week? I've got to say no. He's a full back, not a star player or a matchwinner.

For what it's worth, I thought he was alright last season, to be honest he looked a lot better going forward than he did defending at times. He didn't make that many mistakes, granted, and he's better than Painter, but I do feel his attacking instincts sometimes camouflaged his defensive deficiencies. If we sign him, fine- he's young enough to improve- if we don't, I can live with it quite happily.

£20k per week is Pompey wages. I really would be uncomfortable with us paying that to a full back at this level.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, we made him an offer back in April.

Source? Not heard this mentioned before...

Very big club and also bankrolled by Mr Milan (Portsmouth's problems nothing to do with Harry and me) Mandaric. With Mattock wanting close to £20k a week - not surprised at all.

Source? Not heard this mentioned before...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is the rumour from one of those overheard conversations where 'he'll be signing at Little Chef on Wednesday' is misheard as 'he'll be signing for little Sheffield Wednesday'? Hope so.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Hmmm, would be disappointed if this is true. No way is Mattock worth £20K per week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here