Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matthew Rose next signing?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Former half million pound defender is rumoured to be in talks with Dick Knight.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Never heard of him.......

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
players_6304.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Presumably he is out of contract

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
where has he been playing?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Del Boy said:
Just left qpr, forest are apparently after him aswell! :(

Kiss good-bye to him then

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If I remember rightly he had a good game against us the last time we played QPR which must have been in the cup.

Last edited:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Why would we need another defender on the wage roll? We've got Rents and the French bloke for left back, O'Gooner and El-Abd as cover for the centre and El-Abd and Hart to cover on the right. Particularly as El-Abds probably going to lose his midfield role. I think Lynch and Butters are playing really well together. Looks like another case of quantity rather quality.

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
Its essential that players coming in at this time of the season are match fit,Bakayogo admits he did`nt play much at Millwall and Bertin says he has not played much,
We dont have time to get them up to scratch.
Is it the fact they were desperate to sign for any club on the last days of January,so would be prepared to accept a lower than average salary?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Butters isn't getting any younger, and Hinshelwood now has dodgy knees. Lynch is more likely to be sold in the summer than stay, so some cover at centre back is good planning I reckon.

I reckon Mayo would be a good centre back if we need to keep a bit of experience in the back four.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Apolgies if this has alredy been mentioned (I havent read every post) but wasnt he on the books of Arsenal years ago. I remember him playing couple of first team games for them.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
C.Gull said:
Its essential that players coming in at this time of the season are match fit,Bakayogo admits he did`nt play much at Millwall and Bertin says he has not played much,
We dont have time to get them up to scratch.
Is it the fact they were desperate to sign for any club on the last days of January,so would be prepared to accept a lower than average salary?
Which is the reason most of our transfer activity is always on the last day.But by then we have to accept what is left, rather than the better players that were snapped up early.We just don't have sufficient money to compete in the transfer market.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Bakesy said:
Which is the reason most of our transfer activity is always on the last day.But by then we have to accept what is left, rather than the better players that were snapped up early.We just don't have sufficient money to compete in the transfer market. [/QUOTE

My point is that we have now signed half a dozen players in the last month, all of which are being paid wages even if they didn't cost a fee. I know it's early days but none of them look that special, would we be better focusing on signing one or two players that would make a difference. Won't be long before we have players with squad number 40+

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
andybaha said:
Bakesy said:
Which is the reason most of our transfer activity is always on the last day.But by then we have to accept what is left, rather than the better players that were snapped up early.We just don't have sufficient money to compete in the transfer market. [/QUOTE

My point is that we have now signed half a dozen players in the last month, all of which are being paid wages even if they didn't cost a fee. I know it's early days but none of them look that special, would we be better focusing on signing one or two players that would make a difference. Won't be long before we have players with squad number 40+

it is way too early to say none of them look that special.
over the last few years we've been selling players and not replacing them hence the fact that the average of our first team is about 12!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here