Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Tubbs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Knowing that Southampton were after first Hooper now Sharp it was obvious that they wanteda striker I am surprised AFCB did not approach them about Barnard who was proven scorer in a lower division when at Southend. Would assume that he would have been cheaper than Tubbs but no less effective.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Knowing that Southampton were after first Hooper now Sharp it was obvious that they wanteda striker I am surprised AFCB did not approach them about Barnard who was proven scorer in a lower division when at Southend. Would assume that he would have been cheaper than Tubbs but no less effective.

Barnard still has an ABH trial hanging over his head.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
He isnt worth that much , he plays on the shoulder of the last man but a team player he isn't.
Slaps of desperation by Bournmouth.
I wonder what crook Evans cut is of the transfer ?

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Tubbs will now be coming to us for the 3rd time and personally I think he'll do ok... Linking up with his ex Crawley frontman partner Wes Thomas, who is doing more than ok for us... Think Tubbs will do enough of a job to get the team out of league 1, who knows after that... Still not convinced we can do anything this season but hopefully it should be fun next season...

Can't really believe we have splashed out more than 1 million in this transfer window (If figures are to believed) but hey... Its about time we had a change in fortunes...

RE the Russian investment, it is only 49% I think... Eddie Mitchell still holds the controlling share... (for now)

Well done on Saturday btw...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Tubbs will now be coming to us for the 3rd time and personally I think he'll do ok... Linking up with his ex Crawley frontman partner Wes Thomas, who is doing more than ok for us... Think Tubbs will do enough of a job to get the team out of league 1, who knows after that... Still not convinced we can do anything this season but hopefully it should be fun next season...

Can't really believe we have splashed out more than 1 million in this transfer window (If figures are to believed) but hey... Its about time we had a change in fortunes...

RE the Russian investment, it is only 49% I think... Eddie Mitchell still holds the controlling share... (for now)

Well done on Saturday btw...

Have you got any future ground plans?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Eight. Hundred, Thousand. For Matt Tubbs? Jeesus. I'm sure he's a good player and all but that's about twice what he's worth.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
He isnt worth that much , he plays on the shoulder of the last man but a team player he isn't.

Be interested in knowing how it 'smacks of desperation'. We have been trying to get him for ages... 58 goals in 80 appearances for Crawley seems a pretty good return... OK he is not proven above League 2 but Charlie Austin was not proven above Poole Town... Seem to recall him doing pretty well for Swindon...

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Have you got any future ground plans?

We have already submitted a couple of offers to buy the ground back but I think both were rejected... That was the latest statement made by the club and has now gone very quiet since...

Plans have been submitted (but not approved yet I don't think) on the 4th stand, and we have already started work on developing new training pitches at the open end of the ground...

Things are certainly looking up (for now) anyhow... Would be great to finally get the ground finished after 10yrs... As I am sure you guys, more than any, can appreciate..

bpl234

Jan 26, 2012
Where are Bournemouth getting this money from recently? Did they get new investors recently?
Last time I checked, they didn't have a pot to piss in.

True we didnt have a pot to pi** in, but have a russian now owning half of us, plans to finish the stadium and training facilities etc........plus we have money through players we sold last season.....

the future is looking bright for us..........

and cheers for cook, very good player!"

bpl234

Jan 26, 2012
Eight. Hundred, Thousand. For Matt Tubbs? Jeesus. I'm sure he's a good player and all but that's about twice what he's worth.

800k with all add ons..

mind you we sold Danny Ings last year for £1m last year including add ons..

How much did you spend on CMS?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
im gutted for Crawley and I hope they can replace him before tomorrow night, 800k is what I would have expected for Tubbs, I have seen him a number of times and he is genually a very good honest player and I think would have scored goals in the Championship, let alone League 1.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

change the record, Crawley are NOW a well run club with reputable owners.

Have you actually seen him play? He is better than you think.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As a Bmuff fan states on the Echo comments, "its the Championship or teh Wessex League" for them...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
change the record, Crawley are NOW a well run club with reputable owners.

Have you actually seen him play? He is better than you think.

On the Crawley OS, the chairman states that the 'manager has shed tears' over Tubbs departure, so I'm guessing he didn't get a cut...

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
800k with all add ons..

mind you we sold Danny Ings last year for £1m last year including add ons..

How much did you spend on CMS?

Apparently around 3.5M

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was surprised at the Bournemouth scoop. It was a bit like Brighton signing Fred Binney all those years ago.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
where have Bournemouth found all this money from? Thought they were supposed to be on their uppers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here