Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Tubbs

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
We should have made them pay £800,000 for Cook :annoyed:

Hearty congratulations to Bournemouth. What a coup. Feel really sorry for Crawley, however, Bournemouth are currently in a higher division, with a bigger ground & more support than Crawley. I suppose if any Albion player left for a Premier league club, you couldn't blame them.

Tubbs will do well for Bournemouth.

Hopefully the Cherries will be in the Championship soon. Always enjoy the away games down there.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I hope this doesn't prejudice my pre-season bet for Southampton, Crawley and Luton to all get promoted!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Crawley still have Sanchez Watt and Barnett plus Nouble - they will get promoted.

So will Bournemouth I hope although I fear for them with their clown of a chairman still at the helm, underpinned by Russian money or not! I was really pleased to see that some of their fans at least are alive to the danger. I hope they are wrong to worry but I'm glad that they do.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Be interested in knowing how it 'smacks of desperation'. We have been trying to get him for ages... 58 goals in 80 appearances for Crawley seems a pretty good return... OK he is not proven above League 2 but Charlie Austin was not proven above Poole Town... Seem to recall him doing pretty well for Swindon...

True, but Stewart Fleetwood, Chris Holroyd, Izale Mcleod and so on have all played at that level and failed at any higher level. None of those cost anywhere near £1m or whatever the fee was. Glenn Murray had a more consistent goal scoring record and cost us £300k, Ashley Barnes is 21, scored 20 goals last year in league 1, a few in the championship and I don't think most would rate him at £1m. Just seems way over-priced for what he is,not a dig, just my opinion.

Charlie Austin was only worth around that figure, after banging them in for 2 seasons a league higher than Tubbs, and at a much younger age. Aren't a large number of his goals penalties too?

CMS cost us £2.5 million, which I feel was a bit over-priced.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Hearty congratulations to Bournemouth. What a coup. Feel really sorry for Crawley, however, Bournemouth are currently in a higher division, with a bigger ground & more support than Crawley. I suppose if any Albion player left for a Premier league club, you couldn't blame them.

Tubbs will do well for Bournemouth.

Hopefully the Cherries will be in the Championship soon. Always enjoy the away games down there.

cheers matey

as stated we have come into money (we think) but its still scaring the living shit out of us with all of this splashing the cash.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bournemouth sign Matt Tubbs

So that would suggest they are not coming back for Hoskins.

Oops, apologies!

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
That's Crawley f***ed then!

not a chance, have goals all over the park in that side and still have Barnett who is the better player, will be a loss but they will still go up, by far the best team in league 2

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That's Crawley f***ed then!

Creepy are not a one man team but, they will find things a lot harder now, Tubbs always seemed to come up with a goal when they needed it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bit odd, if Tubbs is worth £800,000, that no club higher placed than Bournemouth came in for him?

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Have seen Tubbs play many times in the Conference, no way is he a £800,000 player. In the conference a lot of people rated Holroyd a better player although I must admit that Tubbs goal scoring record is good.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That is a lot of money for a player with half a football league seasons experience.

I know they have these wealthy new backers but as said previously I do also feel a bit uneasy about seeing Bournemouth spend like this. They have been seriously skint for years. I dont mean to sound patronising but they are a nice but small club and if something went wrong with these backers they do not have the support or infrastructure in place to rebuild. I'd be a bit concerned of I was a fan.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Errrrrrr..when did Bournemouth have £800,000 to spend on strikers?!
Have I missed something?! Did a Russian Oil Tycoon buy the club recently?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here