Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Interesting?

1. Neil Danns has already gone
2. Fair enough
3. Does Victor Moses not count then?
4. N/A

1. Neil Danns was out of contract, nothing we could do, like Murray.
3. No. He was sold to fund the club through administation before CPFC2010 ever existed. It's a shame, he was the best player in the league at the time, but we had no choice and the £3m kept the club alive. I fully believe he'd have gone for so much more had he been given another season here or had we not been in administration. 2010 could do nothing about this, but when they got involved they told the administrator not to sell anyone or accept any bids.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
This post is absolutely terrible.

1. Flogging Zaha would give us £5m if you believe the papers, Ambrose maybe £1.5. Freedman and 2010 have said that we are going to keep our players.
2. Our board has signed at least 10 players so far in the last two years, spending around £1.5 million in fees and more in signing on fees.
3. Our board has sold one player in the last two years - a reserve CB to Bournemouth for £40,000.
4. We have had 7 first team players out so far! KG, Iversen, Garvan, Murray, Clyne, Moxey and Marrow - and we're still in the playoff spots albeit early on. Our strength in depth looks good at the moment, when these players are all back we'll be even better.

Please try to get at least one fact right when you post. Zaha and Ambrose aren't even our best players, but they'll be staying anyway. You were laughing at how we'll be f***ed and we'll sell Clyne, Speroni, Ambrose etc only a month or two ago. We've sold no good players since 2010 have been here.

Cheers for Murray, he looks decent. This story is likely crap by the way, Freedman spoke to him to advise him last week after we beat them in the cup so they're likely talking about that and putting 2 and 2 together to get 34.

2010 have said that our academy products aren't for sale as they're the best thing about the club. Zaha will only get better and has 5 years left on his contract! We'd likely receive twice as much as we would now at the end of this season, or maybe even next if we're lucky.

I notice that none of YOUR players are linked with £5m moves away?

1. £5m or £10 mil you'll not buy better than you sell.
2. Half of that was on one player was it not ......
3. how about Danns etc ...
4. Fare enough though not convinced if you lose Ambrose and Zaha

Interestingly, I expected more to move BUT I'm even more surprised by the fact that very few offers have been made ... Just because a club says a players isn't for sale doesn't stop te end less speculation , yet it is very quiet.

If Zaha is as good as everyone thinks and I'm one of them (Palace supporting mate raves about him) then he'll go, just a case of how much.

As for the last comment ... thank f**k for that!!!!

Palace new striker s2_tubbs.jpg

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
1. Flogging Zaha would give us £5m if you believe the papers, Ambrose maybe £1.5. I notice that none of YOUR players are linked with £5m moves away?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2030884/Fulham-boss-Jol-moves-Palaces-teenage-sensation-Zaha.html
Stoke City want Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace | Mail Online
Palace boss braces himself for offers as transfer deadline looms | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

All suggest no more than £2.5 million, what we spent on CMS and should really have asked for Elliot Bennett last season. If Dunk carries on this form until January which he shows signs of doing he'll easily be worth that sum. In fact Freedman seems far from confident about keeping some players in that 3rd article.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
1. £5m or £10 mil you'll not buy better than you sell.
2. Half of that was on one player was it not ......
3. how about Danns etc ...
4. Fare enough though not convinced if you lose Ambrose and Zaha

Interestingly, I expected more to move BUT I'm even more surprised by the fact that very few offers have been made ... Just because a club says a players isn't for sale doesn't stop te end less speculation , yet it is very quiet.

If Zaha is as good as everyone thinks and I'm one of them (Palace supporting mate raves about him) then he'll go, just a case of how much.

As for the last comment ... thank f**k for that!!!!

Of course Zaha will go, as will Clyne, Scannell and the next crop of youngsters after a few years with us. The trouble with our academy is that the players quickly become too good to keep, we just enjoy them while they last. I think we'll keep Zaha for another year or two before selling for a Walcott-type fee.

Danns doesn't count as he wasn't sold. He signed a new contract with Leicester instead, nothing we could do.

Ambrose looks really poor at the moment and wasn't great last year either. He's not that important at the moment. His passing seems to have rapidly deteriorated, although his shooting is as good as ever. Thankfully his set-pieces are still as good as they were too. He got a bad injury last season which took him out for a few months and he still hasn't fully got over it.

Zaha doesn't start games for us, he comes on in the 70th minute every time and completely changes the game. He's good, but not as good as Scannell yet. He'll definitely leave in a year or two, but we've got him on a 5 year deal so we can get a great deal as we're under no pressure to sell.

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2030884/Fulham-boss-Jol-moves-Palaces-teenage-sensation-Zaha.html
Stoke City want Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace | Mail Online
Palace boss braces himself for offers as transfer deadline looms | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

All suggest no more than £2.5 million, what we spent on CMS and should really have asked for Elliot Bennett last season. If Dunk carries on this form until January which he shows signs of doing he'll easily be worth that sum. In fact Freedman seems far from confident about keeping some players in that 3rd article.

Fulham Crystal palace Wilfried Zaha £5m Liverpool Stoke - Transfer News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

£5m in that one. Scannell is worth the same fee, he's only 20 and ripping up the league. Clyne with only a year left is worth £3m/4m. Jon Williams is only 16 but made his debut against Coventry and won us the game. He looks the best prospect yet at his age. Our academy manager compared his style of play to Iniesta. He loves to run at players but his best attribute is his passing in central midfield.

Good times ahead!

I see you've got yourself a tidy young forward in Ashley Barnes? Is he one of yours?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
1. Neil Danns was out of contract, nothing we could do, like Murray.
3. No. He was sold to fund the club through administation before CPFC2010 ever existed. It's a shame, he was the best player in the league at the time, but we had no choice and the £3m kept the club alive. I fully believe he'd have gone for so much more had he been given another season here or had we not been in administration. 2010 could do nothing about this, but when they got involved they told the administrator not to sell anyone or accept any bids.

Could you of kept Danns or was he always going to leave no matter what you offered him? Just wondering?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Of course Zaha will go, as will Clyne, Scannell and the next crop of youngsters after a few years with us. The trouble with our academy is that the players quickly become too good to keep, we just enjoy them while they last. I think we'll keep Zaha for another year or two before selling for a Walcott-type fee.

Danns doesn't count as he wasn't sold. He signed a new contract with Leicester instead, nothing we could do.

Ambrose looks really poor at the moment and wasn't great last year either. He's not that important at the moment.

Zaha doesn't start games for us, he comes on in the 70th minute every time and completely changes the game. He's good, but not as good as Scannell yet. He'll definitely leave in a year or two, but we've got him on a 5 year deal so we can get a great deal as we're under no pressure to sell.
You need the money, this is not meant as a piss take but you do, the question is always about how much you get to reinvest in the team. We know as we have been there, count yourselves very lucky that you have players to sell ..... One other thing that you need to take into account is players wanting to leave, Bennett left us for the premier and we have the money, the stadium and the momentum. You don't have the stadium and you certainly can't compete regardless finances otherwise you would have! You might not think you need to sell but if the player wants to go, they go!!!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Could you of kept Danns or was he always going to leave no matter what you offered him? Just wondering?

Not sure. He enjoyed his time at the club but he's not getting any younger at 28 and (rightly) thought that his best chance of promotion was with Leiciester. I think he was always going to leave unless we offered ridiculous money (although doing that you could convince almost anyone)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Fulham Crystal palace Wilfried Zaha £5m Liverpool Stoke - Transfer News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

£5m in that one. Scannell is worth the same fee, he's only 20 and ripping up the league. Clyne with only a year left is worth £3/4. Jon Williams is only 16 but made his debut against Coventry and won us the game. He looks the best prospect yet at his age. Our academy manager compared his style of play to Iniesta. He loves to run at players but his best attribute is his passing in central midfield.

Good times ahead!

I see you've got yourself a tidy young forward in Ashley Barnes? Is he one of yours?

Fair enough, most articles I quickly search seemed to say around £2m for Zaha.

You're in a better position to comment on Scannell, 2 goals this season, and never scored more than 3 (I know he's 20) i'd hardly say worth £5m.

Barnes as you say must be worth a fortune then, 4 goals already, 20 goals last season, and 4 in 8 appearances the year before. Oh, and he's 21.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You need the money, this is not meant as a piss take but you do, the question is always about how much you get to reinvest in the team. We know as we have been there, count yourselves very lucky that you have players to sell ..... One other thing that you need to take into account is players wanting to leave, Bennett left us for the premier and we have the money, the stadium and the momentum. You don't have the stadium and you certainly can't compete regardless finances otherwise you would have! You might not think you need to sell but if the player wants to go, they go!!!

While I get what you mean, we REALLY don't need the money. Our owners aren't prepared to fork out millions on the team but they're very wealthy and want to keep our talent. If we needed the money we'd have sold some players by now, and we wouldn't be signing new ones!

2010 have said that if we ever sell a player 100% goes back into the team for new players. They say we'll only ever sell a player if we can improve the team with the money we get. This has been said countless times and so far I've got no reason to disbelieve them.

We're in a great situation at the moment as we've got no debts to settle so we don't need to sell anyone. So far, nobody has expressed a desire to leave. We've got a new stadium on the way too.

I appreciate you may not be taking the piss, but I'm not sure you understand the situation at Palace. We have no need to sell anyone now unless we think the money could be better spent on the team. 2010 say that if we do sell, it'll be for a very inflated fee that would "leave us laughing in the street".

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Fair enough, most articles I quickly search seemed to say around £2m for Zaha.

You're in a better position to comment on Scannell, 2 goals this season, and never scored more than 3 (I know he's 20) i'd hardly say worth £5m.

Barnes as you say must be worth a fortune then, 4 goals already, 20 goals last season, and 4 in 8 appearances the year before. Oh, and he's 21.[/QUOTE

Scannell had always been a winger until the last 5 games. Now we're seeing what he's really made of playing up front, and has been MoM in every game so far. When we've got our full strength team back we'll be able to give him even better service.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Much as I dislike Palace, you can't knock the quality of their academy players. Because their young prospects are so good they don't need to spend as much as others in the market. Hopefully once our academy gets established we will start churning out class players on a more regular basis.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
2010 have said that if we ever sell a player 100% goes back into the team for new players. They say we'll only ever sell a player if we can improve the team with the money we get. This has been said countless times and so far I've got no reason to disbelieve them.

I hope you chirp up with this very reasonable argument for faith in your board / chairman next time some dipshit (ie. all of the contributers to the bbs away board) is telling us how silly we are to trust Bloom.

sorry yes OT!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't really care which club he goes to as he has previously proved he isn't good enough for the FL, although he may have improved with age I cannot see him being a big hit and if its Palace will be in the shadows of Murray and if Charlton in the shadow of Bradley Wright-Phillips so he has a lot to do to get a first team place.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Seems like Crawley could be losing their star man! Would rather go to Charlton (without being biased). What do you think of him?

You seem to have forgotten to say where this rumour has come from, is it talks or just being linked with, big difference I think.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The ideal scenario for CPFC2010 is to sell Zaha for £2.5M , buy Tubbs for £500k and trouser the difference.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What I don`t understand is if this consortium at Palarse have billions why are they not making some of it available for Freeman to use.
They have a very similar squad to last year when they struggled and good a player as Murray is, he is not going to keep them in the top 6....so.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here