Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Tubbs in talks with Charlton and Palace

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Palace,please can you tell me about this stadium which is in the pipeline....How much is it costing?
Who is paying for it?
Where is it being built?
What is the time allowed for building it?
Not trying to be funny,just interested that's all.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Palace,please can you tell me about this stadium which is in the pipeline....How much is it costing?
Who is paying for it?
Where is it being built?
What is the time allowed for building it?
Not trying to be funny,just interested that's all.

It's supposed to cost £50m. Cpfc2010 are paying for it. It is being built in Crystal Palace park, where the old stadium is now. No concrete dates obviously, but they say 5 years.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The ideal scenario for CPFC2010 is to sell Zaha for £2.5M , buy Tubbs for £500k and trouser the difference.

This is definitely not the ideal scenario for CPFC2010. They have said countless times that they intend to enjoy the young talent we produce for as long as possible before the big four come calling. The actual ideal scenario for CPFC2010 is to keep Zaha for another two years before selling him to a top Premiership club for £10m.

If Southampton can get more than that for Chamberlain, I would expect the same for Zaha. If they don't want to pay it - who cares? We've got a bloody good player for another 5 years so it all works out.

2010 aren't in the business to make money, they're there to provide the best possible existance for Crystal Palace football club. The whole ethos of the club is built around producing and utilizing academy players - they're not going to ruin that to pocket £2.5m for a player potentially worth FAR more than that.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
What I don`t understand is if this consortium at Palarse have billions why are they not making some of it available for Freeman to use.
They have a very similar squad to last year when they struggled and good a player as Murray is, he is not going to keep them in the top 6....so.....

They are trying to make sure the club is run sustainably without making the mistakes that nearly cost us so dearly in the past.

We have a completely different squad to last year. We also have a different manager to when we were struggling. Under Freedman last year we had midtable form with our old squad. Since then we've brought in Tunchev, Parr, Murray, KG, Jedinak, and some more loans to cover injuries to Clyne etc. Our academy players have also got a year older and Scannell has recovered from injury to be our best player by some distance with Clyne out.

Players like Garvan have become so much better than they were before which is great, and he seems to work really well with Murray. With Glenn we've got someone who can actually stick the ball in the net, which we sorely missed before. In Jonny Parr I think we've got the buy of the summer for only £300k. He literally never stops running and his crossing is a great asset for us.

I'm not sure we'll stay in the top 6 - but I'm not sure that's the aim. A season of mid-table mediocrity would suit me fine this season. I've had more excitement over the last 10 years than is good for me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is definitely not the ideal scenario for CPFC2010. They have said countless times that they intend to enjoy the young talent we produce for as long as possible before the big four come calling. The actual ideal scenario for CPFC2010 is to keep Zaha for another two years before selling him to a top Premiership club for £10m.

If Southampton can get more than that for Chamberlain, I would expect the same for Zaha. If they don't want to pay it - who cares? We've got a bloody good player for another 5 years so it all works out.

2010 aren't in the business to make money, they're there to provide the best possible existance for Crystal Palace football club. The whole ethos of the club is built around producing and utilizing academy players - they're not going to ruin that to pocket £2.5m for a player potentially worth FAR more than that.

I personally think CPFC2010 has a touch of the "Bill Archers" about them. Dont let them sell Smellhurst to property/retail developers before a new stadium is built.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
50 million ? I suggest they go back and do their sums again

The pitch and the athletics track is already there , all they need to do is knock down the old stadium and build new stands , simples. Chesterfield built their new stadium in a new location for a lot less.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It's supposed to cost £50m. Cpfc2010 are paying for it. It is being built in Crystal Palace park, where the old stadium is now. No concrete dates obviously, but they say 5 years.

4j9f2c.png

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I'd forgotten about the athletics track. Not sure if that is included in the £50m or not, as its not in the same place as the ground itself, it's in another building down the road.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'd forgotten about the athletics track. Not sure if that is included in the £50m or not, as its not in the same place as the ground itself, it's in another building down the road.

The plan is to redevelope the Athletiocs stadium but who in their right minds would lend Crystal Paupers a penny ? As a Bromley Council Tax payer you can bet your arse that Bromley Council won't. (The stadium is in the London Borough of Bromley and not Croydon as is Smellworst Park).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Going back to Matt Tubbs, he's only scored a couple of goals in league football. Charlton and Palace would both be taking quite a risk in signing him. It might work out well, or it might be a complete flop. He was a massive success in the best team in the league last season, but it doesn't automatically mean he's good enough for the Championship already. A bit like Murray....

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Both Charlton and Palace have denied any interest in Tubbs when asked by the sports editor of the South London Press this afternoon, One or both could be bluffing, but I really can't see him moving on for the sort of money Crawley would ask for him (presumably 400k+), when you consider we only paid 125k for BWP. I suspect the whole story's probably just agent talk...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Going back to Matt Tubbs, he's only scored a couple of goals in league football. Charlton and Palace would both be taking quite a risk in signing him. It might work out well, or it might be a complete flop. He was a massive success in the best team in the league last season, but it doesn't automatically mean he's good enough for the Championship already. A bit like Murray....

Big difference between Non League and the Championship, I mean a rubbish side like Paupers managed to beat Crawley didn't they ?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The plan is to redevelope the Athletiocs stadium but who in their right minds would lend Crystal Paupers a penny ? As a Bromley Council Tax payer you can bet your arse that Bromley Council won't. (The stadium is in the London Borough of Bromley and not Croydon as is Smellworst Park).

Bromley have given the go-ahead.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bromley have given the go-ahead.

Yes, but that is providing that Palace can pay for it, the good Council Tax payers of Bromley (like me) will not give a penny towards this proposed move. I also expect that there will be a lot of opposition from the locals (doesn't affect me as I live at the other end of the borough).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here