Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Tubbs,Crawley Town & The Albion.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Maybe some of the 'local' posters can put some meat on the bone,however reading one of the non-league papers it seems The Red Devils have been approached by Leeds Utd and a number of Lge one sides (Albion ?) as to what Town would be looking for (?) Tubbs was brought by Crawley in the summer from Salisbury for 75K and has netted 17 times from 21 starts. Any info ? :wave:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He'd be worth a look but I can't see him going for less than £125k. He may me non-league but is doing well and Crawley have no need to sell...

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
He'd be worth a look but I can't see him going for less than £125k. He may me non-league but is doing well and Crawley have no need to sell...

Why 125k ??? I do not understand where posts like this come from. You have no idea how much they would accept. An FM based guess?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Not sure where the 125k came from.
I dont think they'd get it, but im sure they'd be after 500k at least, top scorer by quite a way and obviously a decent player. They have no need to sell, they're minted, and are probably paying him £3k a week i'd have thought.
If he wants to leave though its a whole new issue.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Matt Tubbs pedigree is way better than Holroyd or Dixon.. of coure the jump to League 1 may eb too far. He wont come cheap thats for sure. Not sur of this one... if we were mid table now Id say itd be worth a punt.... ass we are top of the league though it is risky. Could be a fabulous buy... could be the wrong time...w e need a player who can score goals NOW... not next season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Whoa, the 125k was just a guess based on my opinion. Absolutely no pretension to know anything other people don't. Could be way more could be less.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Matt Tubbs pedigree is way better than Holroyd or Dixon.. of coure the jump to League 1 may eb too far. He wont come cheap thats for sure. Not sur of this one... if we were mid table now Id say itd be worth a punt.... ass we are top of the league though it is risky. Could be a fabulous buy... could be the wrong time...w e need a player who can score goals NOW... not next season.

How is his pedigree way better than Holroyd? Have you seen either Holroyd or Tubbs play?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The thing is how will they fit into our system? Gus has already said that it was his tactics that contributed to Holroyd struggling. Realistically, Gus is after a goalscorer, obviously, but only a goalscorer who will fit into our team and benefit from the way we play.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Chris Holroyd two seasons at Cambridge - 25 goals

Matt Tubbs four seasons on the conference = 81 goals (17 for Crawley this season?)

Didnt say he WAS a better player... I said his pedigree (or to avoid pedantry, his record) was better.

Red Drago

Feb 6, 2009
Matt Tubbs

Crawley are going for promotion big style this season so cant see them selling Tubbs in January unless someone offers silly money. I havent seen him play this season but seen him a few times whilst he was at Salisbury. The guy is a proven goalscorer in the conference but its a massive step up to score goals for a league 1 team.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Stuart Fleetwood. Shit.

Steve Morrison. Doing very well.

That's the first two people i've thought of, George Boyd, Aaron Maclean, and so on prove it can be a risk worth taking. But its a risk. Holroyd i've never understood, that was his first decent season when we snapped him up, he'd not been great in league 2 at Chester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here