Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Richards

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Are we saying that Micky Haswell is out of the picture then? I think what happens with him will influence what happens with Richards & Mayo.

Presume so. Didn't look at all good against Worthing, could have fitted into the Worthing side nicely but not a league LB sadly.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Apologies if this option has already been mentioned but it seems to me we have loads of cover in the centre of defence so how about Lynch at LB. I have always rated him and he has the advantage of being naturally left footed. He also has a bit of pace and reads the games fairly well. The only slight worry I would have is his slight lapses of concentration at times. I know a few others on the board have probably seen him on the odd occasion he played LB and may have a more informed opinion1

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Joel Lynch at Left back cost us the game against Mansfield in FA cup. He was woeful but maybe to do with confidence?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Joel Lynch at Left back cost us the game against Mansfield in FA cup. He was woeful but maybe to do with confidence?

I don't think he was well that day. There was a flu bug or something like that going around the squad if i remember correctly.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think he was well that day. There was a flu bug or something like that going around the squad if i remember correctly.
Correct. He had also just come back from injury. Also the whole defence was a shambles in that game (with no protection from the equally dire midfield), it wasn't all Lynch's fault.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Being in Turkey means that I don't usually have sources but......

a mate of mine connected with the tractor boys has told me a little about this. First altho we are interested there are others. Secondly supposedly Richards is thinking twice about the Albion because of the change of management. Dont know what that means.... liked Wilkins?... thought the way it was handled was bad etc? just that its made him more cautious. Also suggested that loan and signing are different and will want good wages.

Its a source... how reliable I dont know but there is some logic to it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do not want to see Virgo mplayed up front he is ok to push up for the last 10 mins in search of a goal but not for the whole game.

Our best left back option at the moment is Haswell and Mayo. Unless one of those reputed premiership players is a left back no not Wayne Bridge or Ashley Cole

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here