Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Richards

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Joel Lynch at Left back cost us the game against Mansfield in FA cup. He was woeful but maybe to do with confidence?

one bad game n he gets written off. yes he was awful but remember kuipers? give the boy a chance he is young n has shown alot of potential. needs to spend less time in eastbourne wetherspoons

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I really hope steward433 is correct here.

Keep Mayo as back-up (yes I did say that UB :lolol:), and sign another striker and I'll be relatively confident about going up :)

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
we do need a left back but I'd offer Mayo a 1 year deal on less money as back even as cover should we fail to find better before the season starts. Imagine the comments if we went into the season with no-one! I feel a striker is required but we do generally have cover for all positions bar LB and maybe a keeper with experience however, we all know MA is good at using the loan market for cover when we suffer injuries.

Gk- FDM, Sullivan
RB - Hinsh, El-Abd, Whing
CB - Hinsh, Lynch, Elphick, Hawkins, Virgo, El-Abd,
LB - Lynch, Mayo?
CM - Thompson, El-Abd, Cox, Fraser, Chamberlain, Livermore, Loft, mayo(?)
R/LM - Cox, McLeod, Robinson, Fraser, Loft, Currie(?), Mayo(?)
S - Murray, Forster, Virgo, Dixon, Gatting, Robinson

may have left a few out but not too bad imho

Last edited:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
one bad game n he gets written off. yes he was awful but remember kuipers? give the boy a chance he is young n has shown alot of potential. needs to spend less time in eastbourne wetherspoons

I would also point out that Lynch played at LB in his first few games at Championship level, and certainly looked good enough in that role then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here