Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt O Riley [26/08/24 - sings on a 5-year deal]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
VAR is irrelevant, competent referees with working eyes is importanter.
Ultimately, for Matt O'Riley, that's irrelevant too.

He's got the same injury whether the player walks away unpunished, the ref sends him off or VAR gets involved to sort it out.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What is the point in speculating how long O’Riley will be out for? Apparently half our fanbase turn into Doctors with 0 information available apart from a 2 second clip.

Wait and see what the club said and don’t get worked up about it.
Angry at the malice in the “tackle”, angry it happened 7 minutes into the lad’s debut, angry at our constant injury list.

Fearing the worst because many of our players have gone off with what look like impact knocks and I’ve remained hopeful (Ferguson, March, Enciso) only for said players to be out for months, or in Solly’s case close to a year

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

He's got the same injury whether the player walks away unpunished, the ref sends him off or VAR gets involved to sort it out.
It won't make a jot of difference to his recovery time, but I'd wager it sticks in the craw a little more if the offending player gets away with it.

Same with a crime in everyday life - it doesn't change the fact it happened, but if the perpetrator gets caught and justice is done, it makes a difference to how you feel about it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Good to see we have a lot of doctors on this board. :whistle:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just as irrelevant as their Manager’s apology.

If there was any sincerity in his 'apology' he would've taken him off at the first opportunity. He watched the **** clearly try to also injure Enciso minutes later and only took him off in the second half because the game was dead.

He's still got the chance to show his sincerity though: drop him from the first team. Strip him of his captaincy/vice-captaincy. I'm sure he'll definitely do it.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Let’s hope he hasn’t broken his ankle. The guy who did the tackle should be banned for however long O’Riley is injured for.
If he’s got a broken ankle and the medical staff let him walk off the pitch like that they would be fired. I’m staying positive and hoping he’ll be ok after a few weeks.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really hope it’s not to serious - can’t imagine it will be easy for him to settle in to new surroundings having to rehab an injury

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really shit reffing. Can't help but think he neglected to give a red for that because it was so early into the game. Not that time should matter.

And no yellow either.

Hopefully he'll get a retrospective red.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

A player may be more cautious about lunging in like that if there's VAR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here