Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt O Riley [26/08/24 - sings on a 5-year deal]

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
May well do over a course of a season.

Last decent player to come south, VVD?
Any more recent, maybe McGinn? If you like cloggers.

PS - I’d fancy Coventry to beat a lot of the SPL teams
Ha ! Palace had one playing up front yesterday. He's appeared 94 times for them and scored nearly 18 goals . Not to my taste and i doubt there will be many votes on here given what happened but there's no denying Palace have valued him for a while now. Thats the same 1 in 5 or so ratio as Welbeck and Glenn Murray. (in the PL) . but yep. its rare.
Andy Robertson had a decent career starting at Queens Park and Dundee United - and has played 220 times in the PL for Liverpool. No one would question his ability (although he developed further in the Championship) .

I just find it a bit off to dismiss other leagues and the markets we often shop in out of hand . Especially that phrase "Farmers Leagues". Its a bit cringey.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Gilmour v O’Riley stats

Attachments

• IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg
    416.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0978.jpeg
    IMG_0978.jpeg
    433 KB · Views: 115

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Gilmour v O’Riley stats
His blocks, tackles and interceptions surprised me there. I thought he’d score highly on goals and assists for a midfielder but not the more physical attributes.
Would see him playing the Milner role from the weekend and being gradually phased in, in front of Milner.
Does make me wonder about the role for Baleba. Back up as a LB, Weiffer role?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ha ! Palace had one playing up front yesterday. He's appeared 94 times for them and scored nearly 18 goals . Not to my taste and i doubt there will be many votes on here given what happened but there's no denying Palace have valued him for a while now. Thats the same 1 in 5 or so ratio as Welbeck and Glenn Murray. (in the PL) . but yep. its rare.
Andy Robertson had a decent career starting at Queens Park and Dundee United - and has played 220 times in the PL for Liverpool. No one would question his ability (although he developed further in the Championship) .

I just find it a bit off to dismiss other leagues and the markets we often shop in out of hand . Especially that phrase "Farmers Leagues". Its a bit cringey.
Andy Robertson went to Hull first though I think? So less risk.

Who was the Palace forward? Edouard? He has amazingly scored 18 goals (good call), but he’s shocking despite the record.

Agree re the phrase….

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Gilmour v O’Riley stats
I’m guessing that McTominay’s stats look similar to O’Riley’s. They strike me as very similar players.

Gilmour would do very well in a midfield partnership with either McTominay or O’Riley but I just get the impression Hürzeler would prefer a partnership of McTominay and O’Riley. We won’t sign the big scotch so I think Rutter will get the nod.

I think our best 11 and formation is heading towards this:

Best 11:

—————————Verbruggen————————

————Van Hecke—-Wieffer——Dunk—————

Kadıoğlu——Rutter-——O’Riley———Estupinan

——March————-Pedro———-Mitoma————

Or this….

—————————Steele————————

————Webster—-Baleba—Boscogi————

Hinshelwood——Milner-——Enciso———Barco

——Minteh———Welbek———-Adingra————

Obviously Gruda, Ayari, Sarmiento, Ferguson and Veltman can play too at some point!

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
…….true for the first 65 years of my life 🤣
52 in my case! Probably worse because most of it was abroad. In Turkey local teams are 'second teams' after the big 4.5

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
May well do over a course of a season.

Last decent player to come south, VVD?
Any more recent, maybe McGinn? If you like cloggers.

PS - I’d fancy Coventry to beat a lot of the SPL teams
Arguably, Billy Gilmour is a decent player that came south, albeit as a 16 year old.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I’m guessing that McTominay’s stats look similar to O’Riley’s. They strike me as very similar players.

Gilmour would do very well in a midfield partnership with either McTominay or O’Riley but I just get the impression Hürzeler would prefer a partnership of McTominay and O’Riley. We won’t sign the big scotch so I think Rutter will get the nod.

I think our best 11 and formation is heading towards this:

Best 11:

—————————Verbruggen————————

————Van Hecke—-Wieffer——Dunk—————

Kadıoğlu——Rutter-——O’Riley———Estupinan

——March————-Pedro———-Mitoma————

Or this….

—————————Steele————————

————Webster—-Baleba—Boscogi————

Hinshelwood——Milner-——Enciso———Barco

——Minteh———Welbek———-Adingra————

Obviously Gruda, Ayari, Sarmiento, Ferguson and Veltman can play too at some point!

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
Rutter isn’t a CM and has never played as one, not one single appearance. He’s played a handful of time either wing, but 130+ of his appearances have come as CF/CAM

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
Reminds me of Kulusevski in that he’s not blessed with pace but looks to have a really quick footballing brain. Yes please…

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
MOR's npxG + xAG is 4 times as great as WBG's. Never would have guessed that.

WTF IS an expected assist?
Is it those dozens and dozens of chances Groß put on a plate for the likes of Connolly, Maupay, Lallana, March, Moder and Jabanbakhsh etc in Potter’s first two seasons, only to find that they fluffed it?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Probably rubbish but BBC rumours suggested we are one of the clubs who have enquired about Mc Thug, back up if this goes wrong?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Probably rubbish but BBC rumours suggested we are one of the clubs who have enquired about Mc Thug, back up if this goes wrong?
Yes. I think they are similar players in terms of build and and goal scoring. Good for Celtic to realise we have options. I think we’d love a PX deal with someone like Dahoud going the other way but I guess that’d be very difficult to arrange.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here