Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt O Riley [26/08/24 - sings on a 5-year deal]

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022

That Graeme Bailey and that HITC rubbish aren’t very good sources on the whole recently. Used to be half good when he worked for Sky. Not saying it’s not true, just that he’s not the best source.

Does O’Riley play box to box midfielder? I think Gruda will be more attacking mid off the front man..?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That Graeme Bailey and that HITC rubbish aren’t very good sources on the whole recently. Used to be half good when he worked for Sky. Not saying it’s not true, just that he’s not the best source.

Does O’Riley play box to box midfielder? I think Gruda will be more attacking mid off the front man..?

In recent years, I thought HITC were bloody awful. A relentless churn of eye catching clickbait, that rarely amounts to real transfers.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Wonder if we still want this to happen after the Gruda deal. I think so as CM looks a bit weak to me still.

Interesting to see how this will develop having missed out on KDH. Do we have someone else lined up if O'Riley doesn't happen? Give Moder or Dahoud another chance?

Highly doubt it would happen due to cost and player preference, but I'd pay 10 mil more for Gallagher if the Athletico deal continues to fall through. They'd be an English club buying tax but maybe less for us given we're probably not top 6 contenders. Far more suited to a Hurzeler system than De Zerbis. Don't think hed be interested anyway but ya never know.
If we want a creative CM to replace Gross that’s not Gallagher. If we want someone to replace Craig Mackail Smith to run around a lot with bouncy hair, then that’s Gallagher.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like the O’Riley deal is surely off…….

Rutter anyone 👀

And here…..A Leeds fan (a nice one, not the usual stereotype) in pieces.

“It was O’Riley or Rutter for Brighton”

“Our promotion chances are over”

“Rutter is the best player in our squad by a country mile”

Last edited:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I also suspect this deal is now off the table.

I’m not sure that O’Reilly and Rutter are similar players though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
H
Looks like the O’Riley deal is surely off…….

Rutter anyone 👀

And here…..A Leeds fan (a nice one, not the usual stereotype) in pieces.

“It was O’Riley or Rutter for Brighton”

“Our promotion chances are over”

“Rutter is the best player in our squad by a country mile”

Actually feel a bit sorry for that guy, but hope every other Leeds fan I have ever met is even more pissed off than him.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
This guy has said they need a forward and midfielfer, so surely we can loan Leeds a couple of our young players like Moran and O'Mahony.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This guy has said they need a forward and midfielfer, so surely we can loan Leeds a couple of our young players like Moran and O'Mahony.
Only if we explain to them in words of one syllable what 'loan' means, with particular reference to what happens at the end of it!

Seagullspoons

Jul 31, 2024
If we can get Ferdi, O'Reilly & Rutter over the line it's going to be some squad. Can't belive so many pundits etc have predicted we'll finish 11th. That's madness when you look at the squad potential now compared to last season. Uncle atone has used Chelsea's money wisely (unlike Boehly) 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here