Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt O Riley [26/08/24 - sings on a 5-year deal]

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I like the look of this guy and obviously the club know best but for me, I think I’d prefer Gruda

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I saw him as a replacement for gross…..if he is not coming IMHO we need to look for another in the Gross mode!

i am not holding my breath but it would be nice

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Looks like Celtic think they are currently being low balled?

I suspect we’ll pay the £24m they require at some point but there appears to be a bidding war going on so no point in showing our hand right now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I also like the look of MOR. It is important to have that kind of player in your matchday squad - creative, great engine, goals from CM.

Celtic will still walk the SPL without him, as this is one of the worst Rangers squads I can remember.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
This is one of those scenarios where no matter how much trust and faith I have in the club and Tony Bloom it is difficult to understand what’s going on. Atlanta are absolutely desperate for him and we are seemingly only €2/3m apart on valuation so why can’t we just get it done.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is one of those scenarios where no matter how much trust and faith I have in the club and Tony Bloom it is difficult to understand what’s going on. Atlanta are absolutely desperate for him and we are seemingly only €2/3m apart on valuation so why can’t we just get it done.
I guess the alternative to that would be that nobody knows how much we are interested and anything about valuations or what has been discussed, if anything.

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
Have you ever played cards with Mr. Bloom?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He plays today.

This is clearly not close yet.

IMG_5531.jpeg

It’s looking like a last week of the window job.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
He plays today.

This is clearly not close yet.

View attachment 186895

It’s looking like a last week of the window job.

I’m personally of the opinion that when potential transfers drag on like this, they tend not to happen.

If all is well, and the player wants to come, we tend to be quite pragmatic negotiatiors and try to conclude deals with as little fuss as possible.

When situations drag on like this, it tends to be the case that either there wasn’t genuine interest on one side, or there’s a barrier to a successful conclusion that often proves insurmountable.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m personally of the opinion that when potential transfers drag on like this, they tend not to happen.

If all is well, and the player wants to come, we tend to be quite pragmatic negotiatiors and try to conclude deals with as little fuss as possible.

When situations drag on like this, it tends to be the case that either there wasn’t genuine interest on one side, or there’s a barrier to a successful conclusion that often proves insurmountable.
I think this is dragging on for a number of reasons. I also believe in this case, we are happy to take our time.

1. Selling the best player in the MTL to ‘little Brighton’ is a tough pill for Celtic fans to swallow. Many believe Celtic to be a bigger club than the likes of Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday, why would they sell to such a small club like ours?

2. There are clearly a few clubs interested. They seem to have received a few offers from Atalanta. They have time to keep pushing that fee up.

3. Celtic don’t need to sell. They might not even need a replacement as that player might already be at the club.

4. They may be interested in taking one of our players in return. This would make any deal very complex.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I think this is dragging on for a number of reasons. I also believe in this case, we are happy to take our time.

1. Selling the best player in the MTL to ‘little Brighton’ is a tough pill for Celtic fans to swallow. Many believe Celtic to be a bigger club than the likes of Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday, why would they sell to such a small club like ours?

2. There are clearly a few clubs interested. They seem to have received a few offers from Atalanta. They have time to keep pushing that fee up.

3. Celtic don’t need to sell. They might not even need a replacement as that player might already be at the club.

4. They may be interested in taking one of our players in return. This would make any deal very complex.

All possible, none of us are ITK, so we’ll find out over the coming weeks.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024

Number 1 can be discounted. I have a nephew in Glasgow who’s a STH at Celtic and always talks about Brighton with great admiration and is keen to make a trip to the Amex. And while I don’t like talk about "big clubs", Celtic are as big as they come in terms of their following.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

And, although he’s not the same type of player as Gilmour, I suspect it may tie in with his potential move to Napoli.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here