Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt O Riley [26/08/24 - sings on a 5-year deal]

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Have read a few Chelsea fan pages on X and it seems Lavia is back fit and playing well in pre season, then there’s Caicedo and Enzo. Plus KDH and palmer for the further forward midfielder / #10 role. Where does O’Riley fit in? I reckon Chelsea’s interest is purely agent speculation
It's rather sweet that you suggest Chelsea wouldn't sign a shiny new player because they are already well stocked in his position. Magpies don't stop collecting shiny new things just because they already have a nest full any more than Mrs Earle would stop buying shoes. They are Chelsea. They buy players.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Played for England youth teams, born in London and lives in England (or Glasgow) but his mum is Danish.
Would be another 6 ft 2 midfielder if he joins. Wieffer is also 6 2""
They look like identical twins. We should go through hoops to get him.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I love this player.
Billy is good but if it helps us get O'Riley, I'll deliver him to the Camorra myself.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Riley transfer is the lead story in BBC Sport's Transfer Gossip page today. No new sources - just rounds up the latest reported on here from The Scottish Sun, The Mail and the Daily Record. The Sun are the most bullish suggesting a bid is about to go in that will match/break the Scottish transfer record - ie: £25m. Other sources are more cagey.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Riley transfer is the lead story in BBC Sport's Transfer Gossip page today. No new sources - just rounds up the latest reported on here from The Scottish Sun, The Mail and the Daily Record. The Sun are the most bullish suggesting a bid is about to go in that will match/break the Scottish transfer record - ie: £25m. Other sources are more cagey.

Headline news for them on the Scotchland website.

IMG_5359.jpeg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I love this player.
Billy is good but if it helps us get O'Riley, I'll deliver him to the Camorra myself.

I don't follow Scottish football.

Who in Europe or the Premier League would you compare him to? What led to his increased goal output last season?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'll come over all emulsional if we sign all three.
It'll certainly stop our midfield looking thinner(s)
I'll get me (under)coat :lolol:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I don't follow Scottish football.

Who in Europe or the Premier League would you compare him to? What led to his increased goal output last season?
Bellingham is a good comparison.
I watch a fair bit of Scottish football but not enough to know why he suddenly scored a bunch of goals last season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I must admit i am happy about the signings in in centre mid just based on there size alone, we have been lightweight in there for a while.

It will be very very handy on set pieces at both ends of the pitch.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Let’s get this done before we get gazumped by Chelsea when the Gallagher to Atletico move gets finalised

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I must admit i am happy about the signings in in centre mid just based on there size alone, we have been lightweight in there for a while.

It will be very very handy on set pieces at both ends of the pitch.
This guy would be taking most of our set pieces though... not that it makes him less useful :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here