Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt O Riley [26/08/24 - sings on a 5-year deal]

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Now ask Rodri if he agrees.
Oddly enough when it comes to Progressive passing Rodri tops the premier league in 23/24 - he’s no side to side keep the ball player. It’s what i think makes him stand out as one of the best DCM in football, he also breaks the lines with his passing. They may not directly be assists a lot of the time but is how the likes of Foden, KDB ect have so many when he finds them in good areas. Only other players over 300 this season were Odegaard and Gross

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m not one massively for stats but some of that central play for our goals this weekend is exactly what was missing last season. We need quick, decisive, forward passing when possible

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I do realise that players will leave and be replaced - but this is only normally good (unless you're getting £115M or something) if it means you are upgrading.
I'm not convinced that O'Riley is an upgrade on WBG. Still, perhaps he's taller.............................

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Credibility rating? Zero I’d say seeing as I think that comes from a Naples source who will have absolutely no idea of what we are doing regarding O’Riley

Please make this transfer window end :angry:
They could have picked something up from the failed Atalanta-Celtic negotiations in the last week.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Oddly enough when it comes to Progressive passing Rodri tops the premier league in 23/24 - he’s no side to side keep the ball player. It’s what i think makes him stand out as one of the best DCM in football, he also breaks the lines with his passing. They may not directly be assists a lot of the time but is how the likes of Foden, KDB ect have so many when he finds them in good areas. Only other players over 300 this season were Odegaard and Gross

Neither is Gilmour. He's in the 90th percentile, amongst midfielders, for progressive passes. But, like Rodri, he rarely gives the ball away.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
They could have picked something up from the failed Atalanta-Celtic negotiations in the last week.
FFS I only follow what Brighton are doing, that does my head in, I can’t be arsed with following other clubs dealings! I bow to your wider knowledge of club rumours across Europe :thumbsup:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Boehly must have had an alert on his phone by now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here