Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mats Wieffer SINGS on 5 year contract

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This quote from Liverpool fan site thisisanfield.com seems to confirm how perfect Wieffer is to fill Hurzeler's hybrid CB/DM role.

Dutch football journalist Michael Statham explained to This Is Anfield how the Dutchman was used by Slot at Feyenoord.

“Mats Wieffer is a midfielder but when they’re chasing a game, he’ll drop in at centre-back and they’ll put an extra attacking player on,” Statham said
Yeah I saw that and just thought how tailor made he seems

Really excited by this signing.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Come on, let’s get this over the line. Looks a very exciting signing indeed. Also, 6ft 2 - some steel in there. Brilliant.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
I saw that too - it really wouldn't surprise me - pathetic little club.
Not wanting to derail thread, so really hope Wieffer deal gets done as he looks a class act. Nice to see club getting business done early and imo still more to be done.
I wonder if noise around Mitoma departing has some legs especially as we are still looking for attacking players. If Chelsea were too come in for him would love Tony to hold out for Colwill as part of the deal but that's just the child in me!!!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not wanting to derail thread, so really hope Wieffer deal gets done as he looks a class act. Nice to see club getting business done early and imo still more to be done.
I wonder if noise around Mitoma departing has some legs especially as we are still looking for attacking players. If Chelsea were too come in for him would love Tony to hold out for Colwill as part of the deal but that's just the child in me!!!
I'd prefer it if we just told Chelsea to f*** off

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I just can’t see us arranging a preseason tour of Japan and then selling Mitoma. I don’t think Bloom and Barber are the vindictive type but that KDH signing seems to have really irritated them, I really think they would be loathe to deal with Chelsea for Mitoma and if they do the fee will be astronomical.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

I can probably still remember the dance from the holiday camps, even though it was about 45 years ago.

Left, Left, right, right, forward, back, forward forward forward. (Sounds like an Albion commentary)

That and the St Bernard’s Waltz.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Nah Mitoma is somewhat replaceable.

Someone like Colwill would massively elevate the squad and is in a key position we need, especially playing 3 at the back.

There are many wingers in the world but not many Mitomas. He has the X-Factor. Think back to how blunt we were when he was missing last season.

Maybe, maybe, Osman or Minteh could fill that gap but I wouldn't count on it. Huge boots to fill.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here