Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mats Wieffer SINGS on 5 year contract

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I wonder if Wieffer has a sell on clause? :wink:

Interesting article though about Feyenoord using a similar approach to TB’s data analytics to come up with Brighton being the best destination for Wieffer (or any other players to other clubs).

Can see why it elevates the reputation of the Club though if Feyenoord sell-on players do very well at their next club - especially if it helps make Feyenoord a destination club for the EPL as Brighton are becoming a destination stepping stone Club for the big 6/7 Clubs and Champions League football.

Last edited:

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Interesting article though about Feyenoord using a similar approach to TB’s data analytics to come up with Brighton being the best destination for Wieffer (or any other players to other clubs).

Can see why it elevates the reputation of the Club though if Feyenoord sell-on players do very well at their next club - especially if it helps make Feyenoord a destination club for the EPL as Brighton are becoming a destination stepping stone Club for the big 6/7 Clubs and Champions League football.

Imagine if clubs (and agents) started doing this - Chelsea might actually struggle to sign players!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just watched the highlights of yesterday and then listened to the interviews of both Weiffer and Hurzeler. Great press from Mats to help set up our second goal and talks very intelligently about being vocal on the pitch as a '6' to make sure the players in front are where they should be.

He's also been helped to settle in by the other Dutch lads. Wonder if he's been on Velts' private beach yet? Four Dutch players now, so we may be in danger of a club themed 'Netherlands day'. Don't expect any of Amsterdam's finest but if it comes with stroopwaffles, Tony's and Bitterballen then I'm IN.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Just watched the highlights of yesterday and then listened to the interviews of both Weiffer and Hurzeler. Great press from Mats to help set up our second goal and talks very intelligently about being vocal on the pitch as a '6' to make sure the players in front are where they should be.

He's also been helped to settle in by the other Dutch lads. Wonder if he's been on Velts' private beach yet? Four Dutch players now, so we may be in danger of a club themed 'Netherlands day'. Don't expect any of Amsterdam's finest but if it comes with stroopwaffles, Tony's and Bitterballen then I'm IN.
Maybe the club should open a Cannabis Cafe in the new fan park? ???

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

Take the missus out and go dutch.....sorted

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Props to agent Jahanbakhsh!
...the suitability of Wieffer for Brighton is supported by one of his former Feyenoord team-mates who is an Amex Stadium old boy. Alireza Jahanbakhsh extolled the benefits, on and off the pitch, of the move when Wieffer was weighing up his decision where to go next — even though a £17million switch from AZ Alkmaar, another Dutch side, to Brighton in the summer of 2018 did not ultimately work out for the Iran winger. “Mats fits Brighton’s style very well,” says Jahanbakhsh, who left the club for Feyenoord in July 2021 after making 50 Premier League appearances. “He is amazing on the ball, very good with his decision-making. He’s a runner, he runs everywhere, never gets tired. In the position he plays, No 6, that is something he needs as well. “He is a great guy. I had an amazing relationship with him. We travelled together and played cards a lot of times. I was very close to Mats. We had our group of three or four guys who spent a lot of time together. I am very happy that he decided to go to Brighton. It can be a nice next step for him for his bigger steps. He can help Brighton a lot as well, so it benefits both parties. “There was interest from Brighton, but he had some (other) good options. I told him the club is making big steps and the way they help players to develop and improve: ‘Because of your age and the way you play, great on the ball, what I have seen of Brighton over the last two or three years it fits the style you play a lot as well’. “Off the pitch, I said Brighton is a nice city — close to London, a lot to do. You are next to water (on England’s south coast), you can find nice locations to live as well. So, I gave him a couple of important points to help with his decision.”

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

This is what I want!

Rijsttafel
IMG_0152.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here