Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mats Wieffer SINGS on 5 year contract

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Only his right leg turned up for training 👀

“Midfielder Mats Wieffer is clearly in the interest of Brighton & Hove Albion. The club from the English Premier League is specific, but a reassurance for the supporter is that the 24-year-old right leg showed up for training on Monday morning, as expected.”
good lord he’s going to be a handful for opponents if he can detach and send separate limbs into different areas. Just imagine, right leg one side, left leg the other and his torso and head straight down the middle. It’ll be like having 13 men on the pitch

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
good lord he’s going to be a handful for opponents if he has detach and send separate limbs into different areas. Just imagine, right leg one side, left leg the other and his torso and head straight down the middle. It’ll be like having 13 men on the pitch
He's the ultimate utility player….what intrigued me was that the club expected just his right leg to turn up 👀

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
This guy is probably a little bit too slow to be a future £100m sale or something, but he looks like a solid enough player. Grown man with four full seasons of pro football behind him. Good passer, good ball winner.

Someone good enough for us but maybe not good enough for City, Liverpool etc. Need a few of those as well.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
This guy is probably a little bit too slow to be a future £100m sale or something, but he looks like a solid enough player. Grown man with four full seasons of pro football behind him. Good passer, good ball winner.

Someone good enough for us but maybe not good enough for City, Liverpool etc. Need a few of those as well.
can you stop being so logical

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Getting back to the article, that does seem quite optimistic in that Feyenoord are looking at a replacement.
It also mentions that we are in the market for two midfielders this summer which seems well researched.
It might be more than two.

We’ve already lost one CAM in Lallana. Moder, Dahoud and Groß could follow.

Whilst Hinsh, Baleba and Buonanotte have huge windows, they are still squad players and haven’t proved themselves ‘first on the team sheet’ just yet.

For what it’s worth; I could see us signing four midfielders such as Wieffer, O’Riley, Yalcouyé and a mystery midfield veteran operator.

Hürzeler should essentially be playing three midfielders with one hidden in the back line, another in the middle and the final one free to join the attack. We need numbers here.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Whilst Hinsh, Baleba and Buonanotte have huge windows, they are still squad players and haven’t proved themselves ‘first on the team sheet’ just yet.

For what it’s worth; I could see us signing four midfielders such as Wieffer, O’Riley, Yalcouyé and a mystery midfield veteran operator.

Hürzeler should essentially be playing three midfielders with one hidden in the back line, another in the middle and the final one free to join the attack. We need numbers here.
Yes, but we've still got Milner.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wonder if the plan was KDH AND this fella.

Or was he always a fall back

Or not actually on our “radar” at all (I like to think there is a Brighton radar in Lancing picking up pulsating dots from various teenage Brazilian wingers in Rio or Argentinan midfielders in Cordoba)

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Wonder if the plan was KDH AND this fella.

Or was he always a fall back

Or not actually on our “radar” at all (I like to think there is a Brighton radar in Lancing picking up pulsating dots from various teenage Brazilian wingers in Rio or Argentinan midfielders in Cordoba)
Yes probably. Could see Wieffer being the man for potential CB/DMC hybrid role while KDH is more of Pascal Gross kind of player.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I’d be very pleased with those three

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Veteran midfielder, apparently Alex Oxlade Chamberlain is looking to return to UK, 31 next month, bit of a sick note I know but were use to that in our older signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here