Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martin perry lies

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
Don Tmatter said:
Last night at half time when he was saying that the directors had put £7 million into the club, how much has he put in? and its nice to know he lives in Oliver Reed's old house.
The one behind The King's Arms? (Excellent pub sign.)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone would sound condescending when faced with some of the braindead questions asked, i.e. what's wrong with Toads Hole Valley, why couldn't I get a ticket for Cardiff etc.

Every time I've heard Perry speak on the Falmer issue I've always thought how he comes across as genuine, knowledgeable, one who acts in the clubs interests at all times and someone who has the needs of the fans uppermost at all times.

He appears to have taken all the right decisions so far with Falmer, and he has my full confidence.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Pavilionaire said:
Anyone would sound condescending when faced with some of the braindead questions asked, i.e. what's wrong with Toads Hole Valley, why couldn't I get a ticket for Cardiff etc.

Every time I've heard Perry speak on the Falmer issue I've always thought how he comes across as genuine, knowledgeable, one who acts in the clubs interests at all times and someone who has the needs of the fans uppermost at all times.

He appears to have taken all the right decisions so far with Falmer, and he has my full confidence.

I agree with every word.
:clap:

I was screaming at that numpty who was whinging about the Cardiff ticket. We DIDN'T sell out, was there really not a time ALL WEEK when you, or a mate, could have got a ticket? And what exactly did he want from the club, someone to drive round to his house one evening to offer him a ticket for the match.

I don't even live in the same fecking county and I get tickets ok, so sort it man!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
perseus said:
Martin Perry is managing the Falmer plan.

He can be judged by results. So far he has spent £2 million and got nowhere. If he was a Football Manager he would be out on his ear.

No good blaming the NIMBYs. That's like blaming the referee.

One way of raising the £2 million would be to borrow the money off the bank and sack Martin Perry to save his salary and be able the money to be paid back.

Another way would be for high paid executives to take a pay cut!

Just an idea. :smokin:
You absolute BELL-END.
Perry has played a crucial, pivotal role in getting together the only creditable application for a stadium in the clubs history. Got nowhere ? We are within a few months of a final decision FFS.

Is it HIS fault that the NIMBYS are fighting tooth-and-nail every inch of the way ?

Is it HIS fault that the planning dept of the ODPM are slower than FG when it comes to making decisions ?

All I can say is thank f*** people like you are not in a position to make decisions at the club. Sack the guy who got the Falmer application together and then borrow £2,000,000 off the bank. Yes, I'm sure thats the solution, you GENIUS.

Jesus christ, the retards on last nights phone-in, followed by this shit. I'm amazed MP and DK havn't given us all the finger and walked.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
perseus said:

He can be judged by results. So far he has spent £2 million and got nowhere. If he was a Football Manager he would be out on his ear.

No good blaming the NIMBYs.

Er, are you sure about that last bit?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
perseus said:

One way of raising the £2 million would be to borrow the money off the bank and sack Martin Perry to save his salary and be able the money to be paid back.

Re: my post a coupe of weeks ago in reponse to Juan Albion's post. Where's my bloody cricket bat? We all know why Perseus said this - he is anti-Falmer. End of.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I realise that what I'm about to say is probably worthless since I'm likely to be accused of being "too close" to the club.

However, it's precisely because I've worked with Martin Perry on Falmer (and other) stuff that I've been able to form my own opinions and I've nothing to lose by being honest either!

So I can assure all those bellends who think he's not committed or hasn't put 110% into the job that they are wilfully mistaken. But as Easy 10 says, with support like yours I'm amazed he bothers! That he DOES bother is all the more credit to him!

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I can't believe some of the utter crap that gets written on this site. It is almost as if some people would rather we didn't get Falmer and the Albion just disappeared into some financial black hole.

Now is not the time for waivering and in-fighting. The club needs us behind them right now. We have come far too far to give up just when the finishing line is in sight.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
For my wanky "two pence worth", I worked at the Albion briefly and found Martin Perry to be extremely polite, friendly, completely humble and not at all "condescending".

His jokes are f***ing diabolical though and he was convinced that he was a comedy genius.

He definitely has the club's best interests at heart.

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
Agree that calling MP a liar is not constructive.

That said he's never going to keep everyone happy and there will always be a voice of dissent. He is an experienced man and i am sure has handled a lot worse than he gets on the phone in and on here.

I think Harty should vet his calls more carefully though. Questions about Cardiff etc are a waste of time and mock the potential of his show.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sergi Gotsmanov said:
Agree that calling MP a liar is not constructive.

I think Harty should vet his calls more carefully though. Questions about Cardiff etc are a waste of time and mock the potential of his show.

SCR always call you back and put you on hold so they could quite easily ask what your subject was and if it was ancient. Not call you back. This happens on the 606 show and on the Sports talk one. They always ask what you want to talk about.

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
BensGrandad said:
SCR always call you back and put you on hold so they could quite easily ask what your subject was and if it was ancient. Not call you back. This happens on the 606 show and on the Sports talk one. They always ask what you want to talk about.

In that case either:

1/ SCR are not doing their job properly

or

2/ Their is no directive on what are valid calls and what calls are bollocks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It really comes down to how many callers they have on hold. If the response is not particularly great they may be fishing for callers and grateful of any.

This may be going over old ground but they used to, during Bellotti's time have the occassional 1 hour phone in any questions time on a night that there was no game. Granted the answers given were usually politician type non commital but could something similar not be considered again.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Re: martin perry lies (twists the truth)

sadam said:
martin perry talks to the supporters as if were all in nappies,I like most supporters have the club at heart, but i object to comments made by perry last night on radio, to suggest the players did there bit by paying £50 FOR A HOTEL STAY AT READING as part of the latest fund raising is a disgrace. The Reading GAME WAS BEFORE his latest venture, its true the players were asked to pay but not in the way daddy perry is shamefully saying:flameboun :flameboun

Also the players were only told on Saturday on there way to the Watford game that they had to stump up £50.00 each!

Bet that boosted team morale before the game?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
We are within a few months of a final decision

Are you sure? Where did you get this information from?

Local radio (6pm news) said the decision will be in about a year (perhaps after next year's general election)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
perseus said:

I wasn't on here yesterday so have only just seen this post.

Perseus-you are such a twat!

Your crackpot ideas and views are doing nothing to help get us a permanent home. You managed to piss off the mailing list (which takes a hell of a lot) and you haven't learned. You still spout a load of shit every time you come on here. Martin Perry has worked his nuts off to get us our new East Brighton Stadium. A handful of NIMBYs have stalled our plans and you say we're not to blame them? Who do we blame then you fuckwit?

Is there a chance you can switch your allegiance to Pende Athletic? At this point in time we don't need muppets like you offering your views and 'alternatives'. If you haven't anything sensible to say or have nothing to say that helps our cause-SHUT THE f*** UP!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think he genuinely cares about the club and has all the best interests of the club.

To say he would be sacked as a football manager if he had spent £2 million on nothing is farcical - Kevin Keegan spent £50 million at Newcastle and got a get out clause when they went public.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re: Re: martin perry lies (twists the truth)

Charlies Shinpad said:
Also the players were only told on Saturday on there way to the Watford game that they had to stump up £50.00 each!

Bet that boosted team morale before the game?

Why is this £50 thing an issue?

It seems from your post Charlies Shinpad that we shouldn't be asking the players for this money? But aren't we ALL always going on about how fabulously well paid these footballers are. In which case £50 to them is probably like about a fiver to me, so I can hardly see it crushing morale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here