Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martin perry lies

sadam

Jul 31, 2003
lewes
martin perry lies (twists the truth)

martin perry talks to the supporters as if were all in nappies,I like most supporters have the club at heart, but i object to comments made by perry last night on radio, to suggest the players did there bit by paying £50 FOR A HOTEL STAY AT READING as part of the latest fund raising is a disgrace. The Reading GAME WAS BEFORE his latest venture, its true the players were asked to pay but not in the way daddy perry is shamefully saying:flameboun :flameboun

Last edited:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
He is an A-Class prat heard him on the phone-in and he was getting ripped apart, absolutely hilarious when the bloke got cut off for swearing.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I dont know what to make of Perry winkle.He is like a politition,he talks a good game.I hope hes started the ball rolling by taking a pay cut.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not a great follower of MP and have been known to point a finger at DK but would it not be more constructive at the moment to allow them to continue and try to get Falmer as they have always maintained they will.

If they don't then is the time to question them. I am and have been for some time seriously worried about our financial state and have been continually slated for saying so but I am prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait and see.

Shouldn't we all?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
sadam said:
martin perry talks to the supporters as if were all in nappies,I like most supporters have the club at heart, but i object to comments made by perry last night on radio, to suggest the players did there bit by paying £50 FOR A HOTEL STAY AT READING as part of the latest fund raising is a disgrace. The Reading GAME WAS BEFORE his latest venture, its true the players were asked to pay but not in the way daddy perry is shamefully saying:flameboun :flameboun

Maybe he feels he has to talk to the fans like he does as we have some very thick fans - as last night phone in suggested

I notice you live in Lewes so I trust you have complained bitterly that your council tax money is being used to fund the councils fight against falmer

D

Deleted User X18H

What is his Albion backgound how long as he been the fan he claims to be? since he became cheif exec ???

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Have you MET the Uni lawyers, Chappers?

:D

Yup, can't say I'm a great fan of them upstairs.

There wa a lot of murmurs about him trying to bully the uni and stuff. It's all rumours but the estates and facilities manager seemed to like him.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Uncle Buck said:
I think he has a habit of coming over as above us and that puts peoples backs up. However probably not a good time to start sniping at him.

Interestingly Blackpool fans do not hold him in high regard.
he does seem to think he's above us.i'll never forget when he came up the back of g block to speak to the tree climbers for the chesterfield championship game he walked up the steps all casual then came out with a good 5 mins worth of :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: in front of all the kids! we just stood there in disblife at the foul mouthed language that such an important figure at the club had come out with and if that had been anyone else they would have been lead out of the ground nevr to be seen again

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Blackpool 'fiasco' was in two parts.

One, their chairman got into trouble and got sent down. Secondly, Dick Knight came and head-hunted him before their project was complete - which apropos the first point, seemed a wise thing to do.

Personally, I don't care if he is condescending or not, as long as he is effective. And he is.

We're in a middle of a life-and-death war against the NIMBYs, Norman Baker and everyone who wants to kill the Albion, and you lot want to shoot Martin Perry. Marvellous :rolleyes:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Martin Perry is managing the Falmer plan.

He can be judged by results. So far he has spent £2 million and got nowhere. If he was a Football Manager he would be out on his ear.

No good blaming the NIMBYs. That's like blaming the referee.

One way of raising the £2 million would be to borrow the money off the bank and sack Martin Perry to save his salary and be able the money to be paid back.

Another way would be for high paid executives to take a pay cut!

Just an idea. :smokin:

Last edited:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Last night at half time when he was saying that the directors had put £7 million into the club, how much has he put in? and its nice to know he lives in Oliver Reed's old house.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I thought he was excellent on the phone-in last night, and did very well to keep his composure in the face of some unbelievably stupid comments.

Considering he was faced with people saying things like "ooh I think Falmer a bit too far" I think he did very well to keep his temper. I didn't stay so calm as my swerving across the A23 would have demonstrated to any other poor road users last night.

As for whether he is a genuine fan of the club, I have spoken to him on a few occasions and if I had a reputation, I would stake it 100% on the fact that he is. He is knowledgable and passionate about the Albion, and once you get him talking - like any of us - you just can't stop him. He loves the Albion, I genuinely believe that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here