Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Jol

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
How about this fellow as an outside bet? I've always admired him, and I remember him talking about the potential of the Albion when we played Spurs in the FA Cup a few years ago. Just taken the head coach job a Ajax though:down:

300px-Jolmartin.jpg

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Cant really see him turning down Ajax for us!!!

You're right but after Hartys comments on The Albion Moan in about getting a manager that would 'rock' the football world its going to need a bloke of this calibre.

Not Dennis Wise, not Steve Tilson, not Gareth Southgate or even Curbishely or Coppell will do that in my opinion.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
You're right but after Hartys comments on The Albion Moan in about getting a manager that would 'rock' the football world its going to need a bloke of this calibre.

Not Dennis Wise, not Steve Tilson, not Gareth Southgate or even Curbishely or Coppell will do that in my opinion.

Incidentally something that would cause a stir in the footballing world is Hope Powell (England womens manager), who was about a week or so ago in the running for the Grimsby job??

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Incidentally something that would cause a stir in the footballing world is Hope Powell (England womens manager), who was about a week or so ago in the running for the Grimsby job??

I'm all for equality but..............:glare:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
For all the anoraks out there did he ever play against the Albion at The Goldstone?

"Jol moved to England in 1982, joining West Bromwich Albion. He appeared in the semi-finals of both domestic cup competitions in 1981-82. He signed for Coventry City in 1984"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How about this fellow as an outside bet? I've always admired him, and I remember him talking about the potential of the Albion when we played Spurs in the FA Cup a few years ago. Just taken the head coach job a Ajax though:down:

300px-Jolmartin.jpg

Prat, Christian Gross would be far better

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

300px-Jolmartin.jpg

Ajax or BHA?...let me think....

Can I have some of what you've been drinking , please?

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Ajax or BHA?...let me think....

Can I have some of what you've been drinking , please?

Thats what they said about Clough in 1973, he could of gone anywhere but Brighton at the time. I have been drinking my own home-brew recently though.....

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Thats what they said about Clough in 1973, he could of gone anywhere but Brighton at the time. I have been drinking my own home-brew recently though.....

We live in very different times as far as football is concerned. The money involved has increased out of all proportion and the gulf between top clubs and lesser ones like BHA has similarly increased.

Even if Tony Bloom were prepared to pay the sort of money that would fund Jol's salary, would he have the money to buy the players Jol would require?

Why would Jol come to a bottom-of-the-table, third-tier English club when he can go to Ajax wth the sort of budget they have, and the not-unrealistic prospect of Champions' League next year.

He would be completely mad to do so.

BHA might mean the world to most of us, but we shouldn't have delusions about what BHA means to the rest of the world.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sheegullsh, sheegullsh....

Nope, just can't see it myself.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

How about Steve McClaren? Might be an ideal oportunity to rebuild his carear in this country and a big name as well!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here