Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Jol

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
How about Steve McClaren? Might be an ideal oportunity to rebuild his carear in this country and a big name as well!!!!

I hope not, if you read what happened to Steve Penny after McClaren 'alledgely' did him down at The Goldstone in the eighties. Penny never really recovered from it, I think it was against Debry who McClaren was playing for at the time.

Penny said he heard the words "You'll never get up from that" or to that effect. he swore it was the McClaren (alledgely). I think I read this in a programme a couple of years ago, correct me if I'm wrong

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
it doesn't matter so much as to how the fans wud react to hope powell being manager but how the players wud react, which is the all important thing

Cant see her being one to issue a half time bollocking

*gets coat*

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For all the anoraks out there did he ever play against the Albion at The Goldstone?

"Jol moved to England in 1982, joining West Bromwich Albion. He appeared in the semi-finals of both domestic cup competitions in 1981-82. He signed for Coventry City in 1984"

Caption Football, English League Division One, 1st September 1982, West Bromwich Albion 5 v Brighton 0, WBA's Martin Jol on the ball (Photo by Bob Thomas/Getty Images)

79049338.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here