Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille fans

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don't think Marseille fans know what they're in for. I bet they've never been treated so pleasantly. It could feel like a Mafia gangster film, where they're super nice to you right before you get whacked.

We don't want our guest feeling uneasy, so are we getting 'you're going home in a Sussex Ambulance' going or what?
With wait times being what they are, can we manage expectations and use “might” instead?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I'm disappointed never to have seen a paper airplane flying across the AMEX.
I've DEFINITELY seen paper airplanes at the Amex... trying to remember when it was/against which opposition. I was in the East Upper with a good friend who is no longer with us, it was an evening match. Cup game I'm thinking? Probably about five-six years ago?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Proper fighting seems a thing of the past but anti-social behavior (aka people being twats) racism and homophobia is still rife unfortunately.

Funnily enough we were talked about on French radio this morning, mostly about Proud Seagulls and the work they've done and how France can learn and copy England in removing homophobia in stadiums. They have a real problem there with it at the moment.

Marseille are especially notorious for their homophobia too.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Funnily enough we were talked about on French radio this morning, mostly about Proud Seagulls and the work they've done and how France can learn and copy England in removing homophobia in stadiums. They have a real problem there with it at the moment.

Large Arabic supporter base, tends to clash culturally with some of the cosmopolitan lifestyle choices popular here in parts of the 'West'.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
People need to remember exactly where Marseilles actually is, just across the water from the old French Empire. These guys are resourceful and ruthles. They will be coming in undercover, on small inflatables heavily disguised as refugees. If you want to catch them unawares, I would suggest keeping a close eye from the end of the Banjo Groyne, or checking that they do not have weapons stashed in the Brighton Swimming Club shelter under the arches
I will be approx 10 mile east of that location

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It’s the versatility….as the great John Embury was credited with saying about his injured finger - ‘the f***ing f***er’s f***ing f***ed’
I think a few such explicits were heard whenever Phil Edmonds and his wife turned up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

...that Ultra group of muscular guys with their tops off, near us, were very homoerotic though.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Well your French ability must be damn good to understand French radio ... well done indeed👍👍

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ultras incoming. Flights from Marseilles. Lots from Lyon too. FLEEEEEEE

IMG_1893.png

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We have a winner.

Calling at:

19.02 General Hand Gestures
19.04 Disco Bouncing Forward And Back
19.10 Pointy Offensive Chants
19.12 Bravado Behind A Police Line
19.15 Films Uploaded To Twitter

For memories sake, in 30 years time the next PPF will talk of how tasty it all was.

We regret to announce that, due to a shortage of staff, the service will no longer be calling at Shouting COME ON THEN While Banging Theatrically On A Thick Perspex Partition.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I wonder if the offerings from Piglets will cater for our continental visitors? A chicken balti croissant perhaps?

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I think thats already happened there!
Hopefully some of the hardcore ultras come in via Newhaven, smashing the place up as they pass through, resulting in thousands of pounds worth of improvements

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here