Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Was it the Renault Five ?

More likely 2CV...

1702493943046.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a big ask for away fans to remain on a warlike footing for very long while being seduced on all fronts by the adult creche that is The King & Queen 😄

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It’s not banter though is it? banter is something you have with an opposing fan in the work place.
“banter” at the station, in an away town pub, near the ground etc will inevitably result in punches being thrown
Have never thrown a punch against an opposing fan, haven't thrown one at all since playing rugby many years ago (the bastard tried to poke my eye out in the scrum, he got a kick in the nuts as well).

No matter how horrible Burnley etc. fans are I have grown up and don't need to twat them, just abuse them and let them go home with a loss.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Have never thrown a punch against an opposing fan, haven't thrown one at all since playing rugby many years ago (the bastard tried to poke my eye out in the scrum, he got a kick in the nuts as well).

No matter how horrible Burnley etc. fans are I have grown up and don't need to twat them, just abuse them and let them go home with a loss.
Not saying you have, I’m saying, and I’ve watched it unfold on numerous railway platforms over the years, that verbal piss taking, mocking or even so called “friendly banter” usually ends up with at least one individual going well over the top.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
We have a winner.

Calling at:

19.02 General Hand Gestures
19.04 Disco Bouncing Forward And Back
19.10 Pointy Offensive Chants
19.12 Bravado Behind A Police Line
19.15 Films Uploaded To Twitter

For memories sake, in 30 years time the next PPF will talk of how tasty it all was.
The 19.08 Throat slitting action was cancelled due to fingernail being caught up in the balaclava.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not saying you have, I’m saying, and I’ve watched it unfold on numerous railway platforms over the years, that verbal piss taking, mocking or even so called “friendly banter” usually ends up with at least one individual going well over the top.
Fair enough, not for me at my advanced age.

Two of my best mates are Arsenal and Palace fans, don't feel the need to try and sort them out over their choice of football clubs (although clearly they are both wrong!)

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
I hope so coz I’m going to be plotted up in the McDonalds waiting,just incase they thought they could slip in under the radar.
Nice try you gotta be up a bit earlier than that d’accord
Hopefully I will be being joined by a few of the Uckfield Agriculture

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It’s nothing like the 70s and 80s trouble now is posturing and filming it on their phones
Exactly,... it's all 'boys' doing 'boys' stuff... drinking blue WKD or fruity cider.... then keeping as close to the police as possible... protection just in case it gets a bit heated....... even throwing tennis balls is now seen as major indicator that the 'english disease' has made a return.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Between you and me, it was exactly the same in the 'infamous' 70s, except luckily we didn't have the phones for evidence and 50+year memories aren't what they were

That first flush of teenage testosterone, supplemented by a little artificial enhancement and an excitable imagination really hasn't changed much :wink: ......the absence of CCTV made it far more difficult to get pinched for partaking of a bit of gratuitous shenanigans.... just look at the footage online, it was full on all through the late 70s and early 80s in particular..... these days there are front page headlines and mass hysteria, if one keyboard warrior posts a bit of abuse to a millionaire footballer.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here