Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marrying a U.S. citizen / Moving there

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Marrying a U.S. citizen / Moving there

Mr C said:
That is my preferred option. Unfortunately she has a long-standing and as-yet-unresolved child custody issue. Makes things difficult.

Potential U.S. destination is Missouri.

Well, I'ma bit preoccuoied with a stroppy PC but I'll PM you. I know about the child custody issues too, the laws there seem to beggar belief. I've also brieflt stopped in Missouri, quiet place but you may want to go to the 'Worlds Largest MacDonalds' which is on the Oklahoma Missouri border, not anything speacial though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Mr C said:
Sounds like you're talking from experience? :)

It's true actually. The weird thing is that I actually look like a typical Georgia redneck (Rebel Flag tattoos were a factor) and it was hillarious the number of times people there did a double take as soon as I spoke.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
bhaexpress said:
It's true actually. The weird thing is that I actually look like a typical Georgia redneck (Rebel Flag tattoos were a factor) and it was hillarious the number of times people there did a double take as soon as I spoke.

I wonder how a true Albion fan can go to all the games when they live in the USA ?
Or even think about going to live in the USA, I can only deduce from this that you are not a true fan but in fact a plastic part timer.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Ernest said:
I wonder how a true Albion fan can go to all the games when they live in the USA ?
Or even think about going to live in the USA, I can only deduce from this that you are not a true fan but in fact a plastic part timer.

:tosser: :rolleyes:

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Health care mate,NIGHTMARE!!!
A friend moved out to San Diego two+years ago.
Her husband got a job working for one of the big computer places.
The move was meant to be for all time,my friend and her husband
moved back in January.
Loved the lifestyle,found the people odd and he hated his job.
My female friend went into hospital with some problems in her stomach.
She was covered by "other half's" health insurance.
THE BILL FOR FOUR DAYS IN HOSPITAL....$30,000!!!
The company payed $26,000 but you can guess who had to pay the rest.
For ambulance to come out to someone's home it cost's $700!!!
Been to about 20 states but never Missouri.
Give it a go.
If it don't work out bring here over here.
There's more to do in one street in Brighton than 90% of Missouri
HAMPSHIRE DAVE

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ernest said:

Anyone who goes to one game in ten years is still a bigger fan that than the NSC wankermaster.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
HAMPSHIRE DAVE said:
moved back in January.
Give it a go.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Okay, try thois then, Mrs BHa's ex husband has a bad heart, he needs a bypass. Trouble is his insurance wouldn't cover the $45,000 bill. Fine, he then has a serious, near fatal heart attack and spends six months in hospital, over half of it in intensive care. Total cost (which was met by his insurers), OVER DOUBLE !

Too stupid by half.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ernest said:

I'm glad that you think your title of 'Wanker of the Year' is worthy of applause. Mind you you're the only person moronic enough to give yourself a hand.

Still, I shouldn't knock minority groups, like virgins.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE said:
moved back in January.
Give it a go.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE
That is true - just cos i move out there, doesn't make it permanent.

bhaexpress said:
Okay, try thois then, Mrs BHa's ex husband has a bad heart, he needs a bypass. Trouble is his insurance wouldn't cover the $45,000 bill. Fine, he then has a serious, near fatal heart attack and spends six months in hospital, over half of it in intensive care. Total cost (which was met by his insurers), OVER DOUBLE !

Too stupid by half.
They just look at the immediate financial cost and don't see the bigger picture.

It's the same attitude with paid holiday. They adopt the policy of giving as little as possible, because it maximises the time employees are at work, which of course means more productivity.

They don't seem to realise that if you give more paid holiday, employees are more relaxed and will probably do better work. But no, that'd be silly wouldn't it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have to say that ny experience of working in the US is that effort is dependant on motivation, to the Average American that means money, plain and simple. I've found that whilst most American's doing fairly menial work tend to work an eight hour day as against out seven to seven and a half they do not work as hard. Having worked in several dirrent environments over the years I think that the American worker these days is not that clever. You only have to look at the American motor industry to see what I mean. A lot of American makes have Japanese components. The only good thing about Mrs BHA's Chrysler Le Baron is the Misubishi drive train. The American parts, the body, are very lacking in built quality and that's pretty true of most thoroughly American cars.

Ford use Mazda parts and GM mix with the likes of Suzuki on some models. These are beter cars in the main but the Japanese tend to look after their workers in most cases. In America some states have no employee protection at all and you can be fired for no reason with absolutely no recompense.

The food is better though !

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Don't know how old you are Mr C, but I say go for it. You can't knock a bloke for trying.
One thing to watch out for though is, don't get old, and don't get ill. That will get expensive in a hurry.
You will be flavour of the week upon opening your gob, but you'll end up searching out expats in a hurry for good conversation, footie and humour.
All the best, what ever you do.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Try Canada instead, it is part of the Commonwealth, they love the British and drink tea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here