Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marriage proposal advise needed

What about following the example of Gezza and the (then) future Mrs Gezza?

Assemble a stadium full of Albion supporters, borrow the roving microphone from Paul Samrah, walk into the centre circle at halftime, go down on one knee, exclaim your devotion (to her, not the Albion) and ask her to marry you.

7,000 witnesses, 6,900 chanting "JUST SAY NO!"

Marvellous scenes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going for the open air theatre production of Romeo & Juliet, @ Arundel, can't help thinking it could be a sign of things too come in time :lolol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I never actually asked my wife....:)

Walked past the jewellers, she pointed out the ring that she always points out in that shop everytime we walk past.
And one day i finally said if you want it lets go and buy it. Easy as that.

Who said romance is dead :lolol:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I proposed to my missus on the storoke of midnight new years eve 2001.

I had drunk 6 cans of stella and half a bottle of dark rum and at the stroke of midnight I slurred in her ear "Darling I love you, will you marry me" to which she replied " that bette rnot be a f***ing joke", I replied "No I'm serious" and she burst into tears.

Had a bastard of a hangover the next day when I woke up too. Quickly removed when my folks turned up with a bottle of champagne.

She actually said she thought it was romantic in a kind of drunken way.

I took her out to choose the ring the next day so I didn't get that bit wrong.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I proposed to my wife at the top of the Sears Tower in Chicago, to the sound of many whoop whoops and cheers from over excited Americans around me. Who says romance is dull.

:lolol:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
tinx said:
I proposed to my missus on the storoke of midnight new years eve 2001.

I had drunk 6 cans of stella and half a bottle of dark rum and at the stroke of midnight I slurred in her ear "Darling I love you, will you marry me" to which she replied " that bette rnot be a f***ing joke", I replied "No I'm serious" and she burst into tears.

Had a bastard of a hangover the next day when I woke up too. Quickly removed when my folks turned up with a bottle of champagne.

She actually said she thought it was romantic in a kind of drunken way.

I took her out to choose the ring the next day so I didn't get that bit wrong.

i was reading that Tinx and hadn't looked to see who had written it. I could just tell it was you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So what most of you are suggesting is either I take her to America or get totally rat-arsed & put as little amount of effort in as phsyically possible.

With that kind of mentality it's hardly suprising I'm 'lost' when NSC is down!!.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
My wife just told me we were getting married and I went along with it to keep her quiet. Didn't work.

Creamy

Jul 29, 2005
Sod the asking the Father bit...is it the 18th century?

Apart fromt that, make a bit of an effort, surprise her a little if possible and good luck to yer.

Stst Brother said:
So what most of you are suggesting is either I take her to America or get totally rat-arsed & put as little amount of effort in as phsyically possible.

With that kind of mentality it's hardly suprising I'm 'lost' when NSC is down!!.

:rolleyes: God, you are ungreatful:ohmy:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't do it!!!!! :ohmy:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Ask her while you are going down on her its a cert winner:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't see any reason why anyone would want to visit America.

Propose in the UK.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Beach Hut said:
I can't see any reason why anyone would want to visit America.

Propose in the UK.
Agreed all those fat pigs over their is enough to put you off woman for life:smokin:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ned kept talking about when we were married so I said to him,'You haven't asked me yet'.
I was sitting on the sofa and he got down on one knee and asked me there and then.
He did ask my Dad (even though it was my 2nd marriage) and we chose the ring together.
12 years later... :) still going strong

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yorkie said:
Ned kept talking about when we were married so I said to him,'You haven't asked me yet'.
I was sitting on the sofa and he got down on one knee and asked me there and then.
He did ask my Dad (even though it was my 2nd marriage) and we chose the ring together.
12 years later... :) still going strong

That's so sweet! :cry:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stst Brother said:
Other than the screaming crys of 'DON'T DO IT'.

I think it's time I grew up and did the decent thing, but need some advise on the general etiquette (sp) of the big moment.

I've got time & place sorted in my mind, I know she'll say yes, (there's a ring on top of the computer that fits her finger, & has been there for quite some time).

Is it a nice simple 1 knee "will you marry me" or should I ponce it up a little?

What's the thing with engagement rings?, do I get a 'token' one & we shop together for the 'real' thing?, or just go for it?

Thank you

Well the deed was done last night.

We went to the Arundel Castle (outdoors) production of Romeo & Juliet. (See Shakespeare thread). Touch & go as to whether it would be rained off, but I had in the back of my mind, some of the advise given, 'if she says yes went it's crappy it can only get better'.
Anyway sat through R & J in the cold, slowly filed out so we were last, then under the big gate entrance I dropped onto my 'good' knee & blurted it out, to which she said yes.

Thanks everybody for your encouragement & words of wisdom!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here