Votes: 5 2.5%

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
oh, and meant to say ...

manchester city have half unveiled their new shirt today, it's a beautifully simple umbro number along the same lines as england's fab new one.

more to the point though is the way City have marketed it. there's plenty of rumours around but no leaked pictures came out, just really subtle advertising around manchester showing the collar only.

next thing they did was 'rent' the shutters on the front of shops in the Northern Quarter (the creative centre of manc. a bit like the North Laine) and put big simple murals up - i.e. one record shop just had a big blue moon and then the launch date in little numbers at the bottom, other shops just had a massive red and black sash on white (traditional City away kit) with another release date. a cool vintage clothes shop had a big gold bee (symbol of lancs) on it, another a big red rose (another symbol of lancs). there was also big inflatable bananas on shop fronts and the new Tailored by Umbro logo too.

I'm not saying that Albion have the same resources as City, but good PR is available to the club if they wanted it, and this campaign really created a buzz.

i suppose it helps that the shirt is really nice.

MCFC800x350HomeRinger1.ashx

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think that City shirt could be the dogs bollox. Generally City always have a decent shirt.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That swirl on the front looks pretty shit, ruins what would of been a very nice shirt.

Is better than alot of our recent efforts though.

It's only a 3rd kit though isnt it ?

Yellow and Navy shirt is now our 3rd shirt.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
I think that City shirt could be the dogs bollox. Generally City always have a decent shirt.

oh, and i forgot, if you pre-order the shirt you get a free ticket to a concert at Eastlands.

Doves are playing.

not bad eh? surely we could've had terry garoghan at withdean or something.

come on bloom, sort it out!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
that is f***ing FLAIR

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
oh, and i forgot, if you pre-order the shirt you get a free ticket to a concert at Eastlands.

Doves are playing.

not bad eh? surely we could've had terry garoghan at withdean or something.

come on bloom, sort it out!

Sack the board :angry::angry::angry:

Too fussy, just like the home shirt, which should be simple blue and white stripes, back and front, and on the sleeves - not rocket science.

of which everyone has three dozen different versions hanging in their wardrobe already - so sales might be a slight problem...........

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We should keep it simple.

Main kit: Blue and white striped shirts, white shorts, blue socks.

Other options: White shirts, blue shirts, white socks.

We should always wear the main kit home and away unless there is a colour clash. In that event we should look at one of the otions above e,g. white shirts.

We should have another colour kit only for use when one of the above options does not work. Probably yellow.

That way we will be almost always be playing in a combination of blue and white, or all white, or all blue. Those are after all our club colours.

Red is not our colour. We should never play in red.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
1/10, it's not often I swear on NSC but I feel the need now. That's fuckng shit. If it was dizzle's one I'd have given it a 9, and bought it. Now really pissed off :( hate asymetical shirts.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
oh, and meant to say ...

manchester city have half unveiled their new shirt today, it's a beautifully simple umbro number along the same lines as england's fab new one.

more to the point though is the way City have marketed it. there's plenty of rumours around but no leaked pictures came out, just really subtle advertising around manchester showing the collar only.

next thing they did was 'rent' the shutters on the front of shops in the Northern Quarter (the creative centre of manc. a bit like the North Laine) and put big simple murals up - i.e. one record shop just had a big blue moon and then the launch date in little numbers at the bottom, other shops just had a massive red and black sash on white (traditional City away kit) with another release date. a cool vintage clothes shop had a big gold bee (symbol of lancs) on it, another a big red rose (another symbol of lancs). there was also big inflatable bananas on shop fronts and the new Tailored by Umbro logo too.

I'm not saying that Albion have the same resources as City, but good PR is available to the club if they wanted it, and this campaign really created a buzz.

i suppose it helps that the shirt is really nice.

The first 2,500 orders for the City shirt get a pair of tickets to see Doves play at Eastlands too!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2/10 we play in the stripes , rather than half stripes :mad:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
9 for me, would prefer the stripes to be on all the shirt, always buy the shirt if i liek them or not

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
6, the collar is awful.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
The shirt is on display in the window of the new club shop. It's awful, awful, awful. Much worse looking in real life than it looks on the website.

A big shame as the red and black stripes were great last time. It's the swirly red bit, it looks like one ripped red shirt on top of a red and black one.

No more Errea please...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Things could be worse, one club has the classic blue and white stripes but also featuring a number of half eaten baby bell cheeses on it too

heerenveen-09-10-jako-kit-1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here