[Albion] Marks out of 10 for this season

Marks out of 10 for this season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Some very poor results against the very few teams worse than us.

Beating a ten man Citeh and a couple of other good results is not enough to redeem a poor (but not disasterous) season.

Unless things improve quickly we will go down - if not next year then in a couple of years. Flirt with tbe bottom three for long enough, and eventually you become one of them.

Hard to argue with what you say, the final paragraph especially. Some on here seem to think we are a top ten side in waiting, and even flirting with a European place. It aint going to happen. :down:

boik

It's a seven from me.

We know how to play good football and the players have really bought into it. "New" players such as Lamptey, Moder, White are coming through strongly. Webster really settled in now. Just goes to show that it takes time for some people. Some young prospects look very promising, and if Tim Vickery is to be believed one of them could be very special. Need to keep Lamptey fit as his pace can unlock some of the bus parkers if they dare to venture forward.

We all know where the issues are. I think Connolly should be loaned, not ditched. His U23 finishes were mostly instinctive, a season in the champs .playing bigger defenders than U23, but with the chance to rebuild his confidence. Welbeck looks useful but can't be our main striker. Maupay should get some games, but we need to find THE striker. Willock looks spot on for us, but don't think we'd be in with a chance.

U23s doing well, U17s doing well and the women had their highest finish.

The futures bright, the futures blue and white!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
TB won’t sell cheaply and I’m not sure offers will reach the required valuation, hence Ben White staying last season.
I’m hopeful [emoji6]

Well l'm hopeful at the start of every new season, all starting with a clean slate etc. etc. but l try to keep a sense of reality as well, l think in finishing where we did is about our level. I don't expect too much else.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Well l'm hopeful at the start of every new season, all starting with a clean slate etc. etc. but l try to keep a sense of reality as well, l think in finishing where we did is about our level. I don't expect too much else.

We have done very well to stay in this division. Its a challenge for #teamslikebrighton just to tread water most seasons.
I’m a greedy sod though. I think we can do more. Beating a few of the top six helps. We just need to learn how to win ugly too.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
7 playing some lovely football , as a blind man can see just missing that extra quality up front .

Looking forward to next season already and hopefully a fit Lamptey Veltman Wellbeck and March plus perhaps another Bissouma type player from some deepest part of Africa nobody else has scouted yet .

Must dip into the striker market or I feel next season will be much the same as this one .

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Lots to praise especially the defending and fluid style.
Lots to criticize like the goal scoring and poor final passing.
The biggest plus is the clear improvement shown by the likes of White, Bissouma and Webster and the revelation that is Lamptey.
I’m not actually expecting to sign a 15 to 20 goal a season striker in the Summer and think some of the constraints of this season are not going away come August. Perhaps it will be less frustrating if we can at least go to games.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Defence excellent after shaky first couple of months and showed Potter learned and adapted.
Played some briilliant football and so comfortable on the ball.
Bissouma
Sanchez
Some great players Dunk Webster White Veltman Lampty, some really good Burn March Welbeck Lallana ocassionalt Trossard

But let down by terrible finishing that didn’t even need quality stickers to score and a sense of panic in the final third and also when we talked the lead.

Overall so much potential some great performances but so frustrating as we were way better than 16th. Also didn’t get a great deal of luck. Hope we can kick on next season as we play great stuff.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
6 for me. Playing well at times but it's all about the results and table in the end. Few more wins, few less points dropped in matches and we'd be soaring.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
6.....Too much frustration took the edge off the season for me. Most games were characterised by decent play from the back and through midfield, only for it to continually break down in the final third. The manager has drilled the squad into being comfortable on the ball, passing it around freely and being confident to go forward. This is fine apart from the fact that it encourages the players to take one touch or make one pass too many in the final third. This is the missing piece of the jigsaw, the ability for all to change mindset around the penalty area and be more direct. We see it over and over again. Players taking that split second too long to get shots away or try an over-ambitious pass.
I take comfort in the fact that we were competitive in most games and only four sides beat us by more than one goal. If we had converted two of our fourteen draws into wins, we would have finished 12th. We are 12 -15 goals short of making decent progress up the league. We will not find a striker to get these goals, at the right money. We have to get more out of the existing squad and find a forward player who can get us 6-7 goals and offer us different options. Next season is pivotal for us. We have to start well and show signs that we are capable of finishing above the bottom six. I have concerns that the fine dynamics in this league may be tested next time around.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Voted 6.

Very happy with wins against Liverpool, Spurs, Man City and twice against the biggest team in the world Leeds :)

Score would have been more if the results against the 4 teams that finished below us had been better, no wins and 3 goals wasn’t good enough.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
6. Played probably the best football I’ve ever seen us play, but by **** it’s also been frustrating at times. For which I blame recruitment. Our problem last season was scoring goals, our problem this season has been scoring goals, and our problem next season will be scoring goals, unless we buy a striker and attacking midfielder with shooting boots.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A generous 6, based on the potential shown by beating Liverpool and Man City. When we start scoring goals we'll be pretty good...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
7, some of the nicest football in our history

Just pity the onion bag didn't shake enough

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
. Screenshot_20210523-204911_Google.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here