Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark my words. Craig Davies is going to be a SUPERSTAR this year

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I really hope so, wasnt this thread started this time last year on his first game?

However, I do believe this will happen and he will prove a point this season!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I really hope so, wasnt this thread started this time last year on his first game?

However, I do believe this will happen and he will prove a point this season!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
His first team appearances will be limited, he will end up spending time out on loan, possibly at Port Vale, before departing next summer for an undisclosed fee as Slade looks to build on our 10th place finish. :angel:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Strikers go through periods of not hitting the net. I remember Kurt Nogan didn't score for a decade or so, does not mean that he was not a decent player. A decent pre-season behind him, blend in (as opposed to being thrown into the deep end) and he should be a valuable asset.

NB I am only going by what I have seen of him when he played for Oxford United. Haven't seen him play for Brighton yet :badfan:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
His first team appearances will be limited, he will end up spending time out on loan, possibly at Port Vale, before departing next summer for an undisclosed fee as Slade looks to build on our 10th place finish. :angel:

Disagree. Big Russ believes in Craig, I think. Also, I reckon Murray will be gone by the end of the season.

All aboard the Craig David love boat.

Oct 24, 2007
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
It will be interesting to see as pre season goes along what striking combinations RS comes up with before the actual season starts. I think Murray will depart with the arrival of Dickinson and wouldn't be surprised to see Davies and Dickinson start the season as first choice striking partnership.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think NSC should sponsor him next season, it would be a great confidence boost for the bloke.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If there's one player I want to see come good this season it's Craig Davies, The abuse he got from so called fans last season was disgusting.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If there's one player I want to see come good this season it's Craig Davies, The abuse he got from so called fans last season was disgusting.

Totally agree, BB. Shameful treatment of a bloke chucked in the deep end into a dysfunctional squad under a new manager....and whether he got booed or not - who was the first bloke to go over to applaud the fans after every game? Step forward, Craig.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The problem was, he was thrown into the deepend, with a new manager and a new team, the pressure was on. With a clean sheet and a pre-season I am sure he will come good

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Whilst it goes without saying we'd love to see him score a hatful of goals, you can't start a thread saying the boo-boys will eat their words because they were right last season. He was awful. Plain and simple. And the difference between Nogan and him apart from anything else was Kurt scored a hateful of goals for the Albion before a loss of form. Not after!

New season, everyone gets a fresh start. But you the boo-boys weren't exactly unfair last season.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Whilst it goes without saying we'd love to see him score a hatful of goals, you can't start a thread saying the boo-boys will eat their words because they were right last season. He was awful. Plain and simple. And the difference between Nogan and him apart from anything else was Kurt scored a hateful of goals for the Albion before a loss of form. Not after!

New season, everyone gets a fresh start. But you the boo-boys weren't exactly unfair last season.

Hmm..Once again I disagree. He wasn't awful. True his finishing was off but considering the pressure he was under, the fact that he was booed mercilessly by some right noisy idiots and despite all that was a key member of a squad that did one of the greatest escape acts of Albion's recent history suggests (to me anyway) otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here