Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Out.

Should have been SACKED at Christmas.

With a decent manager we would be lower mid table by now.

Keeping him will only spell the same problems next season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Tom Hark said:
Lloyd Owusu for one. Tommy 'hit the bar' Mooney for another. Could go on, but can't be arsed.

I wouldn't want either of those, neither is as good as GNW. Owusu was shite for Wednesday when they were last in this division and Mooney is to old. Please do go on though.

Tom Hark said:
Teams in divisions below us seem to manage it quite easily. Some of them are skint as we are. As McGhee himself says, albeit with hindsight, it's not rocket science.

Teams in divisions below us (like bristol city who picked a new guy from somewhere!) would have been after players who are fit for that level of football. We did not need to get a league one striker in, we needed a championship striker.

It's not just our skintness that is the problem, it is the ground and the fact that at the time of chasing for players we were at the bottom of the table.

The notion that our inability to get a quality striker in earlier was the result of wilful neglect or incompetence on behalf of the club is just nonesense.

People want to know why we couldn't get someone in but just ignore the real answers.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is not IGNORING the real answers that is the problem - it is the people who blindly use our restrictions as an EXCUSE for CRAPNESS.

Mooney, Goater, Bridges, Iwelumo, Owusu, Benjamin et al all would have done a job for us and possible kept us up.

Not to mention the countless LOANS we could have got in.

So could signing Noel-Williams earlier.

We did not and what little money we had was WASTED.

The buck has to stop somewhere and it should stop with MCGHEE.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tom Hark said:
Out. For not making best use of the Coca-Cola money ( I KNOW CKR had a good game yesterday, and his dad reads this and everything - but he's still crap in the air and none too keen on the physical side) and for not getting in a Gifton Noel-Williams type player MONTHS before he did. Buck's got to stop somewhere.
So you missed him back-headbutting a players and kicking the goalie in the goolies then?

If the buck stops somewhere, I would blame the players who didn't want to come to us.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Large One said:
So you missed him back-headbutting a players and kicking the goalie in the goolies then?

If the buck stops somewhere, I would blame the players who didn't want to come to us.

Blame the manager who players do not want to come and play FOR....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Richie Morris said:
It is not IGNORING the real answers that is the problem - it is the people who blindly use our restrictions as an EXCUSE for CRAPNESS.

Mooney, Goater, Bridges, Iwelumo, Owusu, Benjamin et al all would have done a job for us and possible kept us up.

Not to mention the countless LOANS we could have got in.

So could signing Noel-Williams earlier.

We did not and what little money we had was WASTED.

The buck has to stop somewhere and it should stop with MCGHEE.
So McGhee holds the purse-strings? When did he move onto the Board of Directors? I must have missed that one.

They couldn't have kept us up. They were either unavailable or didn't want to come here. We have had to dip quite heavily into what little reserves the club has to get GNW. And even then, it took quite a heave to get him here.

Reeling off a list of players is peasy. Getting them here is a different matter entirely.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I wouldn't want either of those, neither is as good as GNW. Owusu was shite for Wednesday when they were last in this division and Mooney is to old. Please do go on though.

Owusu & Mooney, like GNW, know exactly where the goal is - and are scoring regularly. Your dodgy judgement of a player is neither here nor there. Mooney's scored 15 goals this season. Even if he'd got half of that number here, it would have been enough to keep us up.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Tom Hark said:
Owusu & Mooney, like GNW, know exactly where the goal is - and are scoring regularly. Your dodgy judgement of a player is neither here nor there. Mooney's scored 15 goals this season. Even if he'd got half of that number here, it would have been enough to keep us up.

In Lge 2 he got 15 goals, and you talk about my dodgy judgement of a player.

Richie Morris said:
it is the people who blindly use our restrictions as an EXCUSE for CRAPNESS.

Just about sums up the out, out, mentality around here. The restrictions are not excuses, they are f***ing millstones that have hung round this clubs neck ever since the Goldstone was laid waste to by the bulldozers of the Archer and Bellotti.

This is a club that has work on the thinnest of margins and compete with teams who have far larger resources and greater revenue streams. And the people who trying their best to make success of this club have to put with petty little rants like this.

The club have been trying to get badly needed players in all season, but for the annoyingly oft repeated reasons have not been able to do so. Just because you are fed up of hearing the same old "excuses" time and time again does not make them any less valid.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tom Hark said:

Owusu in my view would have been a half decent signing. and to quote the fat jock.

"Better than we already have"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here