Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Yorkie said:
Ah! That is my whole point. Are we doing so badly? We had a four match unbeaten run. The points are so tight between 23rd and 16th. We knew we were always going to be near the bottom.

Hate to repeat myself but 3 wins in 30 games is bad.I give you one example of MM losing the plot this season step forward the legend that is Chris Mcphee enough said

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just supposing it IS the case that we do not deserve to be in this division...how does one work out which division we do deserve to be in? Just wondering what criteria is used.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Tubthumper said:
Just supposing it IS the case that we do not deserve to be in this division...how does one work out which division we do deserve to be in? Just wondering what criteria is used.

If you are postive Mate The prem or championship
If you are in the we are so lucky to have beaten Swindon,bristol city get a point at Ipswich lucky to have been champs twice in a row then aim your sights lower

Right is it Palace or Orient:shootself

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
we deserve to be in the league that we comfortably survive in,ie not one that we survived in the last day or one that we joined via a protracted unconvincing back door.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
How many other teams do you know that have a collective value of £450K approx?
We have got here by determination and team effort. We stayed up by determination and team effort.
The whole is greater than the sum of the collective parts.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am afraid the problem here is expectation, let's be honest to survive is all we can really expect and anything better is a bonus.

Millwall are in serious trouble, Hull are dropping like a stone, Plymouth have finally sacked a 42 year old and another club will lose the plot post Xmas just like Crewe did.

Add to that that there are several other teams "in the mix" so at present I am far from worried.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Brixtaan said:
we deserve to be in the league that we comfortably survive in,ie not one that we survived in the last day or one that we joined via a protracted unconvincing back door.

For fucks sake do u see the glass half empty or half full.
Fact we went up fair and square Fact we stayed in this league last year far and square.
Whats your problem?

Uncle Buck said:
What a load of pish.

We have every right to be in this division, simply because we earnt that right to get here by beating other teams and then last season by doing enough to stay here.

It is no wonder things are a bit iffy, if the fans are thinking that we have no right to be in this division.

The simple fact is we have only won 6 games so far in 2005 and that is not good enough. That record suggests that there are issues somewhere.

So, on the one hand you say we have a right to be in this division because we earnt that right last season, and then out of the other side of your mouth you moan that the results in 2005 aren't good enough.

Can you spot the contradiction there?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yorkie said:
How many other teams do you know that have a collective value of £450K approx?
We have got here by determination and team effort. We stayed up by determination and team effort.
The whole is greater than the sum of the collective parts.

Would you have calculated last seasons collective value at a similar figure?

If Virgo and Currie were sold for almost £2m then Hammond and McCammon have got to be worth almost as much.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Brixtaan said:
i'm not sure that it is.

Well your pessimistic views might have carried a bit more weight last season, but we do deserve to be in this division as we avoided relegation last season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How can you count a player valuation when some cost nothing when they are out of contract ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:
Would you have calculated last seasons collective value at a similar figure?

If Virgo and Currie were sold for almost £2m then Hammond and McCammon have got to be worth almost as much.

A player is only worth what we have paid for him so last year our team was worth £100K.(Wolves programme 28th Dec)
A player isn't worth anything until someone makes an offer for him.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
vulture said:
For fucks sake do u see the glass half empty or half full.
Fact we went up fair and square Fact we stayed in this league last year far and square.
Whats your problem?

Thats just it, i don't have a problem, i thought it was you moaning about McGhee.

(for what it's worth, i really believe we should be hovering just below mid-table in the Prem,based on size of club etc,but not right now)

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Yorkie said:
. . . . . . .We have got here by determination and team effort. We stayed up by determination and team effort.

As you said in your advert Yorkie, (When are you going to do another one?) "He's a nice man. A very nice man. A very very nice man." Unfortunately that's not enough. Nor is what he has done in the past, however commendable. What matters is what McGhee and the rest of the management team are doing right now. They are failing miserably. Our results if allowed to continue guarantee us relegation.

You touched on team spirit and determination. That has gone right out of the window. Instead there are cliques and indiscipline. Can they sort it? Do we have the time to find out? Do we give somebody else a chance to sort it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here