Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sorry why are we suddenly starting threads about the better managers than Mark McGhee and who should replace him.

Mark McGhee has worked wonders with the limited resources he has. Nobody thought he would keep us up last year but he did. Why don't we trust him as he is doing a great job and anybody who thinks otherwise is living on another planet. Our squad has cost far less than any other in the league so even if we do go down, Mark McGhee should not be sacked.

Lets be honest, if we beat Palace again in two weeks he will be a hero again and everybody will be on about giving him a fifty year contract.

Stop being so fickle!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Mark McGhee has worked wonders with the limited resources he has."

This brings me back to a topic I highlighted a while ago. Our financial resources are not that limited. We have spent money on 3 players this year. More than some clubs.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Tubthumper said:
"Mark McGhee has worked wonders with the limited resources he has."

This brings me back to a topic I highlighted a while ago. Our financial resources are not that limited. We have spent money on 3 players this year. More than some clubs.

That is crap, We bought in 3 cheapo players but let our 3 best players go, that is hardly strengthening is it?

And most clubs already have a better squad than us ot start with, and they ALL have better income.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is not just the amount to spend on players. You have to look at the long run. You wouldnt want to pay a fee and then high wages, and then if we hadnt got Flamer we would have been screwed. You have to look at the long term.

If you buy young they are bound to be cheaper.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Albion Dan said:
That is crap, We bought in 3 cheapo players but let our 3 best players go, that is hardly strengthening is it?

And most clubs already have a better squad than us ot start with, and they ALL have better income.
Come on McGhee had little if no say over selling our supposedly three best players. We all know the money raised went elsewhere & not to fund players.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We paid good money for three players though.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Finchley Seagull said:
Sorry why are we suddenly starting threads about the better managers than Mark McGhee and who should replace him.

"we" are not. Don't be taken in by a few idiots that post that sort of drivel.You'll find the majority worship him.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Finchley Seagull said:

Mark McGhee has worked wonders with the limited resources he has. Nobody thought he would keep us up last year but he did. Why don't we trust him as he is doing a great job and anybody who thinks otherwise is living on another planet. Our squad has cost far less than any other in the league so even if we do go down, Mark McGhee should not be sacked.

Lets be honest, if we beat Palace again in two weeks he will be a hero again and everybody will be on about giving him a fifty year contract.

Stop being so fickle!!!

3 wins in 31 games great manager:shootself

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Enough to put us in the relegation zone

This is a fans' chat board, and so why question when a manager's safety is discussed while we are in the relegation zone?

I have to wonder what some people have against the simple democracy of expression on a fan website ???

Is anyone above criticism when it comes to a football club? I have seen DK criticised many times, and if it's open season on him then surely ANYONE must be fair game!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
NMH said:
This is a fans' chat board, and so why question when a manager's safety is discussed while we are in the relegation zone?

I have to wonder what some people have against the simple democracy of expression on a fan website ???

Is anyone above criticism when it comes to a football club? I have seen DK criticised many times, and if it's open season on him then surely ANYONE must be fair game!

100% agree :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We have a squad that cost approx £450K in total.
Sheff Wed have been after one player worth £750K alone.
That is what we are up against. There is a long way to go before the end of the season and most of us knew that it was going to be a close run thing with no obvious 'Rotherham' to shore up the bottom of the league.
So we've hit a bumpy patch with injuries and egos.
Call for some heads - that will make everyone feel better.
We have no right to be in this division so let's support the team (and the manager) who are doing the best they can.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Yorkie said:
We have a squad that cost approx £450K in total.
Sheff Wed have been after one player worth £750K alone.
That is what we are up against. There is a long way to go before the end of the season and most of us knew that it was going to be a close run thing with no obvious 'Rotherham' to shore up the bottom of the league.
So we've hit a bumpy patch with injuries and egos.
Call for some heads - that will make everyone feel better.
We have no right to be in this division so let's support the team (and the manager) who are doing the best they can.

Yorkie you are so wrong.We have every right to be in this league and every right to except to stay in there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here