Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mark mcghee personal income

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
£150,000 a year!

How does he make ends meet?

It would take the average joe on the street 10 years to make that money! some people's retirement pot isn't that big!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What does it matter what he earns ?

Why should it concern us ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Beach Hut said:
What does it matter what he earns ?

Why should it concern us ?

Its really totally irrellevent and not anybody elses concern. I would bet there's fair number of people on here who could be accused of earning more than they deserve.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lammy said:
Because WE pay his wages.

Indirectly as paying into the club the chairman decides his wage.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Lammy said:
£150,000 a year!

How does he make ends meet?

It would take the average joe on the street 10 years to make that money! some people's retirement pot isn't that big!

:clap: :clap: I earn £13-14k a year, if he earn's £150k im sure he is able to (and probabaly has) invest some or put some aside for if he is sacked

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lammy said:
Because WE pay his wages.

By that reasoning we have the right to know the personal finances of anybody whos services we pay for. Starting with Civil Servants, our Banks, the people who work for the BBC and so on.

Who do you work for then ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont care how much MM earns. It could be £100 a year or £1m a year.

What is important is that we are currently paying a manager who is losing football matches. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
bhaexpress said:
By that reasoning we have the right to know the personal finances of anybody whos services we pay for. Starting with Civil Servants, our Banks, the people who work for the BBC and so on.

Who do you work for then ?

As far as Civil Servants, Teachers, Firemen, Police etc we DO have a pretty good idea of what they earn. If not then simply open a paper and look at the appointments page.

With regards to a Bank and other private sector businesses we have the ability to vote with our feet and take our business elsewhere.

A Football club is unique and it is folly to try and compare it with other business-client relationships. We cannot vote with our feet as we are BRIGHTON TILL WE DIE and therefore have a greater interest in the day to day running of OUR club.

Now stop being silly.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lammy said:
As far as Civil Servants, Teachers, Firemen, Police etc we DO have a pretty good idea of what they earn. If not then simply open a paper and look at the appointments page.

With regards to a Bank and other private sector businesses we have the ability to vote with our feet and take our business elsewhere.

A Football club is unique and it is folly to try and compare it with other business-client relationships. We cannot vote with our feet as we are BRIGHTON TILL WE DIE and therefore have a greater interest in the day to day running of OUR club.

Now stop being silly.

Yes of course you could always vote with your feet and support another team. What did you say you did again ?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
bhaexpress said:
Yes of course you could always vote with your feet and support another team. What did you say you did again ?

That is probably the single most stupid thing I have read on here for some time!

:thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lammy said:
That is probably the single most stupid thing I have read on here for some time!

:thumbsup:

You obviously don't read back your posts in that case, what did you say you do again ? Forgotten have you ?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
bhaexpress said:
You obviously don't read back your posts in that case, what did you say you do again ? Forgotten have you ?

*sigh*

I'm a software engineer for a computer forensics and data recovery firm.

I'm off to support Charlton because I think our manager is paid too much :rolleyes:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
So what was your point again? Forgotten have you?

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
his point (probably )was that you are overpaid too.

by your job description he might have a point,are you on more than minimum wage?
if yes.he has

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lammy said:
So what was your point again? Forgotten have you?

Now I know you're not too clever, I have made a point but just for you I'll say it again. I'll try not use any big words though.

As you feel that you pay McGhee's wages and expect him to be accountable (sorry, too many syllables ?) I said that we could apply that argument to everybody. As such I wondered what you do for a living but clearly you are confused or simply too ashamed of what you to to say.

Clear enough ? If not ask mummy to reply.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
northstandnorth said:
his point (probably )was that you are overpaid too.

by your job description he might have a point,are you on more than minimum wage?
if yes.he has

So anyone on more than minimum wage is overpaid? Are you a communist?

I am paid to do a job. If my success rate was the same as McGhee's I would have been sacked. I also wouldn't expect to be paid off either as I would not of being doing my job to the required standards. Unlike Brighton & Hove Albion our customers have a choice if who they 'support'. If I wasn't cost effective. i.e. bring in more money than they pay me. Then I would be sacked.

Only in football are you able to get paid £150,000 to do a shit job and either not get sacked or expect a nice payout if you were. Not only that the CAPTIVE consumers by some people's reckoning are not allowed to have a say.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
bhaexpress said:
Now I know you're not too clever, I have made a point but just for you I'll say it again. I'll try not use any big words though.

As you feel that you pay McGhee's wages and expect him to be accountable (sorry, too many syllables ?) I said that we could apply that argument to everybody. As such I wondered what you do for a living but clearly you are confused or simply too ashamed of what you to to say.

Clear enough ? If not ask mummy to reply.

I've just told you what I do. Is reading and dog sitting *snigger* too much for you?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yeah but he has a contract !!!

Also if you leave your job the company you go and work for wouldn't have to pay your current employer compensation

That's football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here