Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Uncle Buck said:
Why is it a disgrace?

This is a public forum and people are showing an opinion, the problem is Gubber, you struggle to deal with the fact that people might have one different to yours.

Currently the stick is getting a tad heated, but his track record this season means that criticism is fair enough.

thing is mate he hasnt exactly got the best resources to compete at this level.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton till i die said:
thing is mate he hasnt exactly got the best resources to compete at this level.

But then although it is an old argument, when he has had resources his record is chequered, his use of the press to criticise players is questionable and at times his selections resemble those of a man who has run out of ideas and is just trying things in the hope it works.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This kind of post is getting about as boring as you seem to think anti-McGhee posts are.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's been a boring week on here really. Perhaps we should bring in some loan signings from other messageboards to freshen us up. ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Piers, you need to back McGhee to the hilt Saturday, shout and cheer like you never have done in your life and do this for the next 14 games.

Then we will see what has happened.

If 6500 people can do this , we will stay up.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Managing Brighton at this level, and at this time, is probably one of the hardest jobs in football. Principally because we cannot compete in terms of transfer fees or player wages. This is for two reasons - our limited crowds; the costs of trying to get the new stadium built.

The mere fact that we are still within touch of safety is a testament to the manager and players.

If you want to do your bit, join in the singing against Leicester, and spend some money in the club shop.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Piers, you need to back McGhee to the hilt Saturday, shout and cheer like you never have done in your life and do this for the next 14 games.

Then we will see what has happened.

If 6500 people can do this , we will stay up.

He lost my support a long time ago.

However I will avoid getting on his back in the game, no point in that.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
It aint over til it's over.. get behind the team on saturday and for the last 14 games.. we can do it...

Come on boys, make some noise.

Disclaimer:For 'boys,' read girls as well. Your rights are not affected.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Be positive Chappers, positive energy from the stands will transfer through McGhee on the touchline into the players. Negative energy will have a destructive affect.

Try it Saturday.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Spielberg said:
Be positive Chappers, positive energy from the stands will transfer through McGhee on the touchline into the players. Negative energy will have a destructive affect.

Try it Saturday.

Yeah right, like he actually goes to games at Withdean and supports the team out there and puts money into the club.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:

Try it Saturday.

No, but thanks.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Deportivo Seagull said:
Because fCUK off Mcghee isn't criticism, it's abuse ...... that's why it's disgraceful.

But it could be argued that it is somebody's opinion and public forums are all about opinion. The problem sometimes on here is people are either too polarised or lack the intelligence to take on board what others are saying.

I agree the title of that thread was not the best, but there you go.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Uncle Buck said:
But it could be argued that it is somebody's opinion and public forums are all about opinion. The problem sometimes on here is people are either too polarised or lack the intelligence to take on board what others are saying.

I agree the title of that thread was not the best, but there you go.

Opinion to me is about an informed argument, it's not abuse. You state an argument, where possible you try and back it with fact, but as none of us has a confirmed direct line to the club it's means that these facts are totally unsubstantiated. Opinions tend to become polarized when personal attacks are made, and in the case of Leon, McGhee and McCammon that is very much the case. In the case of Leon some people sided with mcGhee because they disliked Leon the more, and visa-versa. Some of the abuse aimed at these three on here has been totally unacceptable. The problem on here is that some hate McGhee and even if we were safe these people would still have a dig at him. Whereas but those that like him will excuse every mistake ....

My view ... the media and the football world believe that he's doing a great job in difficult circumstances, so if he went because of the fans, who in there right mind would want the job, we certainly wouldn’t get anyone with a reasonable record. He has screwed up but who hasn't. Get off his back, it isn't achieving anything and quiet frankly is starting to make us look stupid.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Deportivo Seagull said:
Opinion to me is about an informed argument, it's not abuse. You state an argument, where possible you try and back it with fact, but as none of us has a confirmed direct line to the club it's means that these facts are totally unsubstantiated. Opinions tend to become polarized when personal attacks are made, and in the case of Leon, McGhee and McCammon that is very much the case. In the case of Leon some people sided with mcGhee because they disliked Leon the more, and visa-versa. Some of the abuse aimed at these three on here has been totally unacceptable. The problem on here is that some hate McGhee and even if we were safe these people would still have a dig at him. Whereas but those that like him will excuse every mistake ....

My view ... the media and the football world believe that he's doing a great job in difficult circumstances, so if he went because of the fans, who in there right mind would want the job, we certainly wouldn’t get anyone with a reasonable record. He has screwed up but who hasn't. Get off his back, it isn't achieving anything and quiet frankly is starting to make us look stupid.

However you could argue that his screwing up is likely to play a large part in us potentially losing our place in this division, so he is failing at his job.

Oh and please do not get me to get off his back, my opinion is his actions deserve to be questioned and criticised.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here